3D Grid-based movement

Home Forums Monkey 2 Code Library 3D Grid-based movement

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  impixi 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

impixi
    Participant

See the attachment for a “simple” demo of grid-based movement through a 3D maze. (Trying to simulate the old Dungeon Master / Eye of the Beholder style of movement).

I tried to embed the code in a codebox but I get “*** Forbidden: Message seems to be spam. ***.

Let’s hope the attachment works…

Attachments:
    1. 3dgrid.monkey2.zip

Pakz
    Participant

The Q and E buttons make the screen turn like crazy. Something wrong there on my system.

I also had a security message when I wanted to paste a error log using the code box. This was in the dev forum. I saw a fox image iirc.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

The Q and E buttons make the screen turn like crazy. Something wrong there on my system.

You’r probably still using radians version of mojo3d – angular units will change to degrees in next release (tomorrow probably).

Nice demo though, although I’m a teeny bit disappointed it’s not a ‘real’ 3d maze!

I get β€œ*** Forbidden: Message seems to be spam. ***

Yeah I need to work out what’s up with cleantalk, the antispam provider.

impixi
    Participant

Yes, the demo is coded against the latest monkey 2 dev branch where mojo3d is now using degrees instead of radians…

@Mark
    What do you mean by ‘real’ 3d maze? Multiple levels high, stacked like a tower? Or “free-form” movement?

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

What do you mean by β€˜real’ 3d maze?

A maze that goes from A to B where A and B are 3d points and corridors can go left/right/up/down!

impixi
    Participant

Ahhh, like a “hypermaze”:

http://www.astrolog.org/labyrnth/maze/hyper.gif
    http://www.astrolog.org/labyrnth/hypermaz.htm

Indeed, that would be an absolute nightmare to navigate, though, even with a map. πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.