[ANDROID] Uses Or Overrides a deprecated API

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Development [ANDROID] Uses Or Overrides a deprecated API

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Sibly 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Amon
    Participant

[edit]

Even with Deprecated blah’s all other stuff I’ve coded works. It’s just 3d stuff that doesn’t work. hmm

I’ll keep testing.

I’m trying to build the 3d template for max3d for android. I’m using a galaxy s8. It shows the deprecated error during the gradle build, whether it’s a build after it has updated gradle or not, once the app is installed, it starts on the phone with a black screen then closes a second later. I’ve attached a pic to this post of the section of code the error takes me to when I double click it.

I’m using the latest github release of MX2 with latest mx2cc and all modules built with MSVC x86 for windows, ndk-bundle in Android-NDK-r13b.

The desktop version works as does the emscripten build. The only one failing is the Android build. There are no errors during the build in MX2. It only shows a deprecated blah blah in the Android Studio, latest version.

Amon
    Participant

if I comment out this line, also, _ground=Model.CreateBox( groundBox,1,1,1,groundMaterial )

then it works and displays a blue screen on the phone showing the fps.

I’m still testing things. Again, this is just the standard template for max3d.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

You can ignore deprecated warnings, I’ll fix these soon.

I don’t have a Galaxy S8 so that’s a little more serious. All 3D is working fine here in emulators and on my nvidia shield so I’m kind of stuck there. Can you see/post logcat output?

Amon
    Participant

Logcat:

It’s lengthy….

arpie
    Participant

It’s lengthy, but did you read it?  The clue is in there – there is a bug in one of the shaders and it is failing to compile (logcat line 773, which in turn references line 309 of the shader listing above).

As far as I can make out you’re not actually using the latest git code.  It looks like Mark fixed this bug in the very latest commit on the 6th May.  Try git pulling and rebuild everything…

Or if you want a quick fix, edit line 384 of ../modules/mojo3d/assets/shaders/imports/std.glsl and change “lod==0” to “lod==0.0”.

Amon
    Participant

That worked a treat, arpie. Thank you.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Nice catch Arpie, and glad to hear it runs on a  GalaxyS8 now!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.