Anyone have a VR headset?

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Development Anyone have a VR headset?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DruggedBunny 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

DruggedBunny
    Participant

The latest release for Mark’s Patreon subscribers (and the latest build-it-yourself Github ‘develop’ branch) features OpenVR support in the mojo3d-vr module.

Although really early and technically just for playing with (note that Mark definitely won’t be prioritising it), it’s really cool already, and I’ll be posting my experiments in normal-people hours later today. (It’s 02:30 GMT here!)

Mark and skidracer (initial mojo3d-vr benefactor) have both worked with HTC Vive headset/controllers, while I can confirm that Oculus DK2 and CV1 (plus Touch controllers) both work as well.

Anyone have an OpenVR-compatible headset and want to play with this stuff? It’s so cool being able to build your own VR demos!

nerobot
    Participant

I have dk2 (probably) I never used yet. 🙂

I have the idea for demo, maybe try to playing with it!

Hezkore
    Participant

I made a little puzzle game using the MojoVR module.
    There’s still a lot of stuff missing in the module, so I’ve put my game on hold until Mark or Simon decides to continue with it.

DruggedBunny
    Participant

I’ve now posted my basic VR samples:

mojo3d-vr VR Samples

Note that you need to follow the setup info — think it’s in versions.txt — installing the OpenVR binaries in the correct mojo3d-vr module folder.

Requires latest Patreon subscriber release, or the self-build Github ‘develop’ branch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.