Asteroids remake

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Projects Asteroids remake

Tagged: 

This topic contains 41 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  AdamStrange 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

wiebow
    Participant

I used a simple radius check for broad sweeps and line collisions for close checks. I was able to mark lines as “detail” meaning they did not participate in the checks. Fast and easy, no need for anything else from a line vector object point of view.

AdamStrange
    Participant

Here’s a quick look at things with new images and left list operational.

You can see I’ve got for clarity and simplicity. in essence you just create a whole block of ‘vector’ objects that can simply be rendered onto the screen. use multiples for different versions, use other as poly collision, etc. All wrapped up in a single unified UI.

Still doing debugging and finalising, but coming along ๐Ÿ™‚

dmaz
    Participant

nice… and this should integrate with your bitmap editor to create collision polys for bitmap objects as well.

then of course since you seem to be flying through this stuff… build a scene graph bitmap animation editor on top of both of these!

dmaz
    Participant

also… in these editors you should allow a workflow that can see external changes and update… so those app seem integrated as well in you ide. for instance, I like Aseprite for bitmap editing so if I have a bitmap ‘object’ in your ide and I make a change using aseprite, it would be nice to have your app recognize and automatically update all the assets.

I’m making the assumption here that the primary purpose of your editors are for creation and assembly of game objects with creation and modification of the base assets being secondary? (since there are really awesome apps out there like Aseprite)

AdamStrange
    Participant

good points ๐Ÿ˜‰

AdamStrange
    Participant

ok. All working and operational now.

I’ve added list reordering, just drag and drop for new order

Added stuff like undo, select all, etc

undo just really undoes the lat dropped point, but it will work with pre loaded vectors too!

the eyes now function, so if you click an eye, it will show the ghosted version in the drawing area

Here’s the last shot of this in stand alone app form. next up will be to integrate it directly into ted21

P.S. fast loading and saving of binary format too.

As Dmaz said above. any opened vector objects automatically save as they are documents ๐Ÿ™‚

AdamStrange
    Participant

Hi Matthew

Heres a couple of shots for you showing vector editing built directly into ted21 (which isn’t quite as dead as I would have thought)

Also basic app showing loading of the single vector asset (packs the vector shapes into a single file).

full rotation/scaling of vectors fully supported.

automatic bounds update and basic entity system complete

I’ve got boundsPoint and polyPoint collision implemented as well as bullets. No need for particles as I found a sneakier way of doing them…

Just writing a quick vector font system – using the same vector library

AdamStrange
    Participant

(not)particles complete, stars complete, vector text complete,

Starting to look not too bad….

Matthew Smith
    Participant

looking great Adam!ย Howย is the data being stored and loaded?

AdamStrange
    Participant

nice and simple:

here’s the individual routines

and the packed ones:

Matthew Smith
    Participant

Thanks!

AdamStrange
    Participant

Here’s the complete vevtor2d class

This has all the code for loading saving and drawing a single object

internally it is a single float array so that it can be passed directly to mojo.canvas

it also supports filled polygons, but not proper ones with concave parts – just the default mojo.poly

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.