Build Error

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  abakobo 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

aleana
    Participant

Is anyone else seeing this Build error:

***** Making app ‘/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/Glyph.monkey2’ (ios debug armv7 arm64 gcc) *****

Parsing…
    Semanting…
    Translating…
    Compiling…
    _r.cpp
    Build error: System command failed:

g++ -c -std=c++11 -arch armv7 -arch arm64 -miphoneos-version-min=8.0 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS11.4.sdk -fobjc-arc -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-tautological-pointer-compare -Wno-undefined-bool-conversion -Wno-int-to-void-pointer-cast -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-logical-op-parentheses -Wno-parentheses-equality -fvisibility=hidden -O0 -g -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/” -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/monkey/native” -I”/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/” -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/freetype/freetype-2.6.3/include/” -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/sdl2/SDL/include/” -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/zlib/zlib-1.2.11/” -DBB_NEWREFLECTION -I”/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/Glyph.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/build/” -MMD -MF”/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/Glyph.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/build/r5b58089e.cpp_r.deps” -o “/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/Glyph.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/build/r5b58089e.cpp_r.o” “/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/Glyph.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/include/_r.cpp”

/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/Glyph.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/include/_r.cpp:8:10: fatal error: ‘monkey/monkey.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/include/monkey_types.h’ file not found
    #include “monkey/monkey.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/include/monkey_types.h”

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1 error generated.

When building for iOS, I get this error when attempting to compile my game on my Mac (macOS High Sierra 13.5). It runs fine as a desktop app on both my Mac and Windows 10 machines. Is there a solution? Am I doing something wrong?

Please help me, I’m focusing on iOS development.

abakobo
    Participant

it looks like the monkey module has not been build for ios.
    You have to build the modules once (for ios,android,emscriptem) before you can build your app.

Build->Uptade/Rebuild Modules (cmd+U)

aleana
    Participant

Thank you for helping me. Boy oh boy did that take forever to run.

I attempted to rebuild the modules (cmd+U), and it had an error toward the end:

Mx2cc version 1.1.14

***** Making module ‘monkey’ (emscripten release llvm gcc) *****

Parsing…
    Semanting…
    Translating…
    Compiling…

em++ -c -std=c++11 -s USE_SDL=2 -s TOTAL_MEMORY=268435456 -s DISABLE_EXCEPTION_CATCHING=1 -O3 -DNDEBUG -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/” -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/monkey/native” -MMD -MF”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/monkey/monkey.buildv1.1.14/emscripten_release/build/monkeye71b0cf4.cpp.deps” -o “/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/monkey/monkey.buildv1.1.14/emscripten_release/build/monkeye71b0cf4.cpp.o” “/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/monkey/monkey.buildv1.1.14/emscripten_release/src/monkey_monkey.cpp”

sh: em++: command not found

***** Fatal mx2cc error *****

Internal mx2cc build error

Update modules failed.

And out of morbid curiosity, I attempted to compile my game – to no avail. (same build error as before). Again, I am grateful for the help. Is there something else that might be wrong? Why might this emscription failure occur?

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

sh: em++: command not found

Looks like you need to install emscripten:

https://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/docs/getting_started/downloads.html

There’s also an experimental ‘devtools’ style download for 64 bit windows on the downloads page here. Just extract it to your monkey2 devtools dir and you should be good to go. On windows/linux you’ll need to use the above version.

You’ll also need the emscripten ‘mserver’ moini-server from the downloads page to be able to run emscripten apps.

Ethernaut
    Participant

Installing Emscripten can be a pain, so if you don’t need it (it allows the app to run in a web browser) you can just turn it off when rebuilding modules.

abakobo
    Participant

I probably should have mentionned that you can chose to build only what you need. i.e. check ios only. And uncheck 3D modules if you dont use them (assimp is slow to compile).
    If an error occured it may have aborted the process and your ios monkey module has been missed in the process, so you still have the same error.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Sorry, I should have read more carefully.

If you’re only interested in ios, you only need to rebuild ios modules.

To rebuild ios modules, you should open the ‘update/rebuild modules’ dialog and select the ‘ios’ target *only*.

Once you’ve successfully rebuilt the ios modules (which will also take a while) your error should go away.

Also note you will need latest xcode installed, and an actual device to test on.

aleana
    Participant

Thank you all for getting back with me. So, yeah.

My game, so far, “includes” std, mojo, and pyro. No emscripten.

I did a clean rebuild of only the modules stated above, plus a few others like iap and openal etc. for IOS. I deselected both emscripten options in the rebuild modules window. It went smoothly.

But, when I attempted to build my game in debug mode for ios, I still get an error involving emscripten. Is it maybe referenced in one of the other modules? I’ll check.

Mx2cc version 1.1.14

***** Making app ‘/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/Glyph.monkey2’ (ios debug armv7 arm64 gcc) *****

Parsing…
    Semanting…
    Translating…
    Compiling…

g++ -c -std=c++11 -arch armv7 -arch arm64 -miphoneos-version-min=8.0 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS11.4.sdk -fobjc-arc -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-tautological-pointer-compare -Wno-undefined-bool-conversion -Wno-int-to-void-pointer-cast -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-logical-op-parentheses -Wno-parentheses-equality -fvisibility=hidden -O0 -g -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/” -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/monkey/native” -I”/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/” -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/freetype/freetype-2.6.3/include/” -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/sdl2/SDL/include/” -I”/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/zlib/zlib-1.2.11/” -DBB_NEWREFLECTION -I”/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/Glyph.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/build/” -MMD -MF”/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/Glyph.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/build/recf1de64.cpp_r.deps” -o “/Users/aleana/Desktop/Work/Glyph_2/Glyph.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/build/recf1de64.cpp_r.o” “/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/emscripten/emscripten.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/include/_r.cpp”

clang: error: no such file or directory: ‘/Applications/Monkey2-v2018.06/modules/emscripten/emscripten.buildv1.1.14/ios_debug/include/_r.cpp’
    clang: error: no input files

***** Fatal mx2cc error *****

Internal mx2cc build error

aleana
    Participant

Okay. I looked. I found that mojo imports and uses emscripten. I remarked it out, and built my app for Xcode with no problems.

However, when building in Xcode, errors involving emscripten were still noted.

ios xcode build failure

Pakz
    Participant

I tried zooming in on the screenshot but the text is not readable.

I never compile for other than desktop windows and emscripten so I do not know a lot about the other things.

One thing that I might say is that to be sure you have checked the right target settings.

Hezkore
    Participant

@pakz If you go to the address of the image; you can see it in its full size.

Pakz
    Participant

Ok. On ipad it is readable. Not sure what happened on the laptop.

With the compiling, I hope the problem gets solved.

abakobo
    Participant

There is two emscripten things: the target and the module.

It looks like you have changed mojo but did not rebuild it (clean) for ios.
    Anyway I would avoid to change such core stuff as mojo.

I would suggest you get an original mojo back and simply build the emscripten module for ios.

To avoid problems you can just build all modules for ios and you’d be sure you won’t have such issues anymore!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.