Compile problems with itch.io on Windows 10

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Programming Help Compile problems with itch.io on Windows 10

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amon 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

peterigz
    Participant

Anyone any ideas why I can’t compile? This is an error I get after a fresh download from itch.io, just trying to compile a banana:

I wonder if it’s something to do with a hard drive I had to replace, maybe some old paths or something, but this is a fresh download from itch which I thought was self contained and should just work out of the box?

Ethernaut
    Participant

Did you try deleting all the build folders (including modules) and rebuilding everything? Kinda defeats the point of downloading binaries from itch.io, I know…

peterigz
    Participant

I tried cloning the git repository and downloading mingw (from download page here) and doing a rebuild but the same message.

Also tried installing Visual Studio 2017 but having issues with that as well:

Not entirely sure what the “System cannot find the path specified.” All the version numbers and paths are correct in windows_env, and tmp/stdout doesn’t show any errors. Not sure what to do to fix/diagnose further.

VS is installed in C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017

and Window Kits in C:\Program Files x86\Windows Kits\10

Amon
    Participant

Hi Peterigz,

This is what the visual studio settings for my env_windows looks like.

The second line is important.

Also, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin and note down the latest version which starts with 10.0. My latest is 10.0.17763.0. When you have noted it down replace the existing one in your env_windows file. It looks like this below:

MX2_WINDOWS_KIT=10.0.17763.0

peterigz
    Participant

Thanks Amon, yeah I’ve done all that but no joy. I’m pretty sure I’d either be getting “cl isn’t recognised as a command line” or “can’t find include file”, but it is running cl and stdout is showing that everything is including ok so that all seems ok. Something odd is up seeing as I can’t compile with either mingw or visual c. Here’s my windows_env file, which is pretty much default plus the version changes:

Amon
    Participant

Ya, it does seem ok that file. Hmm, I have no idea what to offer as help. It deffo maybe some other settings on your system conflicting but don’t take my word for that.

Simon Armstrong
    Participant

For the GCC issue I would try commentings out the line in question (e:/Monkey2/modules/monkey/native/bbstd.h:23) like so:

// #define __forceinline inline __attribute__((always_inline))

It is pretty odd that this is a warning not an error and I would not expect a monkey2 failure.

I suspect the version of mingwm, are you using 6.2.0 as specified here:

http://monkeycoder.co.nz/monkey2-files/

peterigz
    Participant

Yeah it’s the gcc version from this site. I think I’ll just bite the bullet and reinstall Windows. This all started after a hard drive failure, even though the particular drive didn’t actually have any compiler/monkey2 related stuff on it, it won’t hurt to re-install as it’s an old installation now and it won’t hurt to have a refresh 🙂

Amon
    Participant

Is your issue sorted now peterigz after your reformat?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.