TestPace X – Under development

About Monkey 2 Forums General Discussion TestPace X – Under development

This topic contains 38 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Yue 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Yue
    Participant

​​

Improving the game’s launcher. ​  🙂

cocon
    Participant

Downloaded and tested it, it surely looks interesting , some notes I have:

• When I tried to move towards the car (level starts and I move forward), I got stuck on the hill while going down. Perhaps it would help to allow the player move into more steep slopes. Also perhaps allowing little jumping might be good to avoid getting stuck.
    • As I was moving, the camera wanted to slightly rotate on it’s own. I have no gamepad attached though, in case it was a calibration issue.
    • Perhaps having an .ini configuration file might help, I would set the resolution I want that way (1920X1050), the mouse speed (I have low DPI mouse and I would set it to faster).
    • Perhaps a cinematic in the beginning would help understand what is going on. That you are an astronaut, and your ship crashed, and now you have to survive. A clever idea to avoid animations is to have simple model placements according to frame time, that would look like 3D comic strips.

I hope this feedback would give you more ideas you can use  🙂

Yue
    Participant

@cocon 🙂

I appreciate your comments. The development version 1.0 alpha has many and I am currently working on the game launcher to be able to choose the right screen resolutions for the player. And I love the idea of comic strips.

Kind regards. 🙂

rskgames
    Participant

I tried to play the game but I get the following dialog message

Error Fatal: Nro. x0009

Game.dll has stopped working.

I am trying to run the game in windows 8.1.

Yue
    Participant

@rskgames

Thank you very much for the report. Speculating a little, the error is caused by the thread that in the background charges the resources of the game. The question is, did you get to see the upload image?.

The other possible issue is that the implemented graphics mode is not compatible with your machine.

Kind regards.

Yue
    Participant

@rskgames  This is for you, thank you very much!!  🙂

For your collaboration and to stimulate the project, we offer you the possibility that your name appears in the game for the astronaut.  This name can be selected from the game launcher and will appear next to the astronaut’s health bar.

Kind regards.”

Tell me what name you want the player to choose at the time the game is launched.  🙂
    Also, because it is one of the first, the flag of your nationality will appear.

rskgames
    Participant

Hi Yue,

I managed to run the game in my Windows 10 machine. In Windows 8.1 machine where the game crashed I did not see the loading screen. I pressed Start in the game launcher, the game window opened full screen in black and then I got the error message.

My initial feedback.

The graphics are well done. The game atmosphere is good.

When I tried to reach the car from the ship I got stuck on the downhill once. Somehow I reached the car and was able to drive it. Collision detection with the ship and the building with the airlock needs to be done. Some kind of minimap to get to the position of the car would be nice. First time I played I went in the opposite direction and had to quit and enter the game again as that was faster to find the car from the ship.

Yue
    Participant

@rskgames

Thanks for your support. For version 1.0 I have already solved some of the issues you mention. On the mini map, it is a great suggestion that I will keep in mind. I’m telling you, I’ve thought of a kind of compass that points to certain targets.

For now I leave a screenshot of the launcher, where I automatically recognize the height and width of the desktop and launch the game with that screen resolution, also for now there will be an option to choose between full screen or windows screen. Other options will be the player’s name, number of rocks, rock density, enable/disable, brightness or contrast effects.

On the downside in windows 8, I’m checking the thread pointer that loads resources in the background while the loading screen is displayed. So I’m checking that out.

Kind regards

rskgames
    Participant

Compass should be fine for leading the player.

A reset key to bring back the vehicle to upright position after it is fallen upside down will be good.

A readme/info about player and car controls is needed.

Yue
    Participant

@rskgames

I have taken note of your suggestions. 🙂

Initially the game launcher will have a pre-defined option that automatically selects the screen resolution that the player has on his desktop, another option to set whether the game runs in full-screen mode or windows window.  And the field defined for the astronaut’s name, this name is established as a reward for people who have donated money for the project.  So other options will be implemented in future versions.

🙂

Yue
    Participant

Since the last entry this has changed a bit, and the game launcher can now scan all resolutions supported by the machine. When starting the game from the launcher the data is saved in an INI file. The idea is to take that string and somehow set the size of the window. (I’m thinking about that).

Yue
    Participant

Well, we continue with the development, this time we bring the test of the game launch where you can choose between different types of resolution that are supported by the player’s machine.

Now, in this test it becomes evident an error is caused by the thread that loads the resources in the background while viewing the red planet, I think the next thing is to correct that error, because it prevents the game from running correctly in Windows 8.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Yue
    Participant

Thanksgiving system for the users who give their financial support for the project.

Yue
    Participant

Testing Collisions 🙂

Yue
    Participant

Let’s get on with it. I have to say that I admire very much the people who take time and can finish a project, I have learned a lot, however there is still much to learn and in my case I have always said that this is a hobby, something like filling a crossword puzzle and solving puzzles.

Well, in this case I think I’ve found the perfect scene for my taste, I have no idea what Mars is like, and the idea isn’t that it’s really the same, just a lousy pursuit of what it might be. So for now an image.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.