Defender demo

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Matthew Smith 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

RetroRusty
    Participant

There was a Defender style demo in the xmas preview of MX2. This now doesn’t compile in V1.0 but compiles fine in the xmas release.

I have no idea why it doesn’t work, more than likely something has changed from then until the V1.0 release. Can someone please look at it and see if they can get it to work?

Jesse
    Participant

I would but I don’t have it anymore. it doesn’t come with the latest version of MX2.

wiebow
    Participant

It is Mark’s game so is it up to us??? 🙂 Come on Mark.

Simon Armstrong
    Participant

After writing a new language, doing all the docs, coding a new UI, writing an IDE, building a website, deploying a new module manager you would think the guy has more time on his hands!

Matthew Smith
    Participant

I’m game to take a look! Taking a quick look we need to make a few changes around HTMLView, Canvas, Images, Pixmaps.

Give me a 24 hours…

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

I’m *nearly* there with defender, but of course there have been many changes since XMAS.

I also keep finding things I want to fix along the way – I’ve currently been diverted by audio and have decided to sort that out ASAP as SDL_Mixer just isn’t powerful enough.

I’m going for openal to start with, which alas means an additional dll for windows and maybe linux builds, but this gets added automatically for you.

The upside is it’s builtin to macos/ios/emscripten and I’m familiar with it. I’ve also found out you can easily stream (via polling alas) your own data ala vsynth so I want to support that too.

But ALL of this has been interupted by an android issue with monkey1 so I’m currently working on nested jobs…

Matthew Smith
    Participant

Sounds good! I’ll leave it for now then.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.