Emscripten on Linux.

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Programming Help Emscripten on Linux.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dawlane 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Richard Betson
    Participant

Hi,

Mark had mentioned that this latest version of Monkey 2 (009) might run Emscripten. Has anyone here tried it yet? I was wondering if I have it setup correctly for Monkey2. I did have it sort of working with MX2, then updated and now it fails to link. It also moved me to the SDK ‘master’ form tag-1.34.6. I am not sure what ‘master’ means but I’m researching and catching up on it now.

If you have Emscripten linking and working with Monkey 2 and Linux let me know. 🙂

Thanks.

dawlane
    Participant

Yes it does work, but there as some issues.

As for emscripten. If you type ./emsdk install latest. It will download the current ‘master’ branch and build it (as a debug build if I recall use –build=Release as a parameter to stop this). To select a specific tag you have to first list whats available with ./emsdk list or ./emsdk list –old. To refine the output for using the old option, pipe it to grep e.g. ./emsdk list –old | grep 1.34.0-

To get the latest version of this list use ./emsdk update. Note that you can now download NODEJS as a pre-compiled binary and activate it as below. Note that you may need to add it’s bin directory path to your hidden profile for it to work.

Note that using a specific version of emscripten will also require you to install the exact version of the associated clang compiler. Once you have installed it, you have to activate it with ./emsdk activate latest (if you have use the –build option with the install command. Then you will need to pass it again).

Afterwards use the emsdk_env.sh script to generate a emsdk_set_env.sh script so you can easily get the file paths and environment variable to add to your hidden profile in the user directory. The final task would be to log out and back in.

To see the list of option for use with the emsdk tool just type

./emsdk

Edit: I’ve update my guide to include Monkey2

Richard Betson
    Participant

Yo,

I have done most of the above save selecting an older SDK all seeming 32bit by the way. I’ll have a go at this and report back. 😉

Richard Betson
    Participant

Hi,

I switch the SDK to 1.34.6 and I am linking again. Sample mojotest works in Firefox but not in Chrome. I’ll need to do some further testing but at least Emscripten is working now.

@dawlane, what SDK version are you using? I wonder what SDK version Mark uses.

dawlane
    Participant

I’m using 1.36.5. Mark said in the 009 thread that he update to 1.36.0 which would be the latest that’s in the ‘master’. What works still depends of whats been implemented in the web browser.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.