Errors building Monkey2 on Linux

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Development Errors building Monkey2 on Linux

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Sibly 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

paul59
    Participant

Hello

I downloaded the .zip from https://github.com/blitz-research/monkey2 and followed the steps for building on Linux but when I execute rebuildall2go.sh I get a number of errors (see below). I’ve downloaded the archive twice to check it’s not corrupted and I’ve tried running the script with elevated permissions just in case but still no joy. I’ve also checked that SDL2 dev packages are installed in case they are required.

I’m on Linux Mint 18.3 64 bit with the latest Monkey2 from github downloaded today.

The first error encountered is:

The file SDL_pulseaudio.h exists in /monkey2-develop/modules/sdl2/SDL/src/audio/pulseaudio/ but the above output says

‘fatal error: pulse/pulseaudio.h: No such file or directory’

Maybe the wrong path or filename is being passed?? The same error occurs further along the build process.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers

Paul

paul59
    Participant

BUMP! Anyone?

abakobo
    Participant

have you installed all the -dev requirements?

pulseaudio.h should not be in mx2 package but in a linux dev lib I think…

previous topics about it:

Linux & Monkey2?

Compiling on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (fresh install)

there is an unresolved thing (I think) about the icon that is not working, you have to run ted2go using command prompt or something?

paul59
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, we’re up and running 😀

I checked the list of dependencies given in a reply to that first thread and it seems I was missing OpenAL dev package – is there an official list of requirements/dependencies somewhere, I couldn’t see one on github?

EDIT: I’ve tried all the bananas and just a couple don’t work but it seems to be code related rather than anything to do with my system – not sure if it’s worth reporting these somewhere??

Also weird ‘feature’: Running the executable from a terminal the file open dialog always appears behind the editor whereas when running with double-click from GUI the open dialog works as expected. No biggie.

abakobo
    Participant

in the manual you have (monkey2 user guide->monkey2 target sdk)

The Linux Desktop Target

Monkey2 uses the ‘gcc’ command line tools to build desktop apps for linux.

You will also need to install all the developer libraries required by the compiler and modules. This will differ depending on hte prcise version of Linux you are on, but to get you started:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install g++-multilib libglu1-mesa-dev libopenal-dev libxi-dev libxrandr-dev libxinerama-dev libxcursor-dev libxxf86vm-dev libx11-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libpulse-dev

paul59
    Participant

Got it – thanks again.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Please report any disfunctional bananas at the github issues page.

Someone got the necessarty apt-gets down to this – I’ll update the SDK docs:

sudo apt-get install g++-multilib libopenal-dev libpulse-dev libsdl2-dev

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.