Free way to donate to your favorite content creators

Home Forums General Discussion Free way to donate to your favorite content creators

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cocon 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

secondgear
    Participant

News from the brave new crypto world: you can get $5 or so of free tokens to donate to the websites of your choice:
    Blockchain browser Brave makes push to reward content makers and YouTubers

The way it works is this: you download Brave browser (quite nice actually, I am posting this from it), claim your free tokens, and then allocate them to the websites you visited in a month. Once enough people visit a website, the owner can claim a reward once it exceeds $100. Details here:

https://brave.com/publishers

My tokens are on Mark ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. Clearly I am bored out of my mind lol

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Oh no, yet another ‘blockchain’ thing I just don’t get…

My tokens are on Markย 🙂

On the other hand, sounds like a great idea – thanks!

degac
    Participant

Ok… exactly how it should works?
    I’ve installed Brave, I’m surfing on Monkeycoder website… but what should happen?
    What I should configure to give the tokens to Mark?

btw, the browser itself seems very nice

edit:

so, basically, Mark could get something just with the surfing AND just having a YT channel (not a bad idea).

peterigz
    Participant

Well worth being an early adopter on some of these new crypto’s I think. Lots of scams out there though so you have to be careful, BAT looks ok though and a good idea. Another one I was keeping an eye on is fundrequest (https://fundrequest.io/), which will be a way of being paid to solve issues on github and stack exchange. So if there’s an issue or feature request on monkey2 github then multiple people can raise money to get it implemented if that’s a priority for them. Could be great for open source projects.

cocon
    Participant

I should have bought bitcoins two years ago… :'(

๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.