Help with Admob module (banner only)

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Programming Help Help with Admob module (banner only)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nalle 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nalle
    Participant

I’ve been trying to use Admob module with my Android app. All i need is “banner”-sized banner ads.

As a result I’ve got Monkey2AdView.java that has all the different ad types. Unfortunately this code has some errors.

I’ve tried to remove all the rest but banner related code, but as a result, my app just crashes.

I’m after as short code (Monkey2AdView.java) as possible that handles banner ads. I would also like to have an example of Monkey2 code that uses Admob module with this short piece of Monkey2AdView.java code.

At the moment I have had no luck with the banner banana example.

Thanks in advance!

Nalle
    Participant

I added bits and pieces to Monkey2AdView.java and Cradle built for APKs were successful.

My own example program shows banner ads, it all it does, but banner banana example crashes on my Android device. Same happens, if I try to add ads to any app, that does something else than just shows ads.

Any thoughts?

Simon Armstrong
    Participant

There is likely some useful information being logged to the Android console aka logcat.

Either launch your test builds from Android Studio or run adb logcat from command line to view.

Nalle
    Participant

I got more familiar with the Android Studio and solved my Admob problem. It wasn’t hard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.