How to do frame animation with Mojo3D

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Programming Help How to do frame animation with Mojo3D

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ferdi 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ferdi
    Participant

So in mojo you can do simple animation like this:

In Mojo3D we draw everything using scene.Render.  It seems there are 2 ways to do frame animation.  First way is using meshes and swaping it with a single model, like this:

Second way is to use model making it visible or invisible.  Something like this:

So which is “correct” way to do this and if you know why, that will be even better?

Ethernaut
    Participant

If you’re just trying to load 2D images onto the same plane in 3D, this may help:

https://github.com/DoctorWhoof/spriteTools

The “AnimSprite” class does just that. You can load a sprite sheet and set the frame rate, specify which frames play in which order, etc. Sorry the example file is not helpful, I never updated it to demonstrate animated sprite frames… will try tomorrow night, if that interests you.

Ferdi
    Participant

I have bunch of OBJ files.  I thought I just do frame animation with them, instead of bones.  Don’t waste your time on that.  I am just wondering.

Ethernaut
    Participant

Ah, ok. In 3D, the most common is to create your animation within the 3D application you’re using and simply export it to a format that supports animation. Swapping the models is not a usual technique.

Ferdi
    Participant

Lucky I asked.  Thanks Ethernaut.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.