How would you value a project ?

About Monkey 2 Forums General Discussion How would you value a project ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Taiphoz 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Taiphoz
    Participant

I have a few projects in monkey and I have been toying with the idea of not selling the game(un finished) but selling the whole project , source code , art etc.

How would you go about coming up with a price for something like that.

cocon
    Participant

Initially you would start with a price target in your mind and then see how you can adjust to the market response. Another approach for pricing is to see what others are offering, and try to see how you can fit into the picture. You can place any crazy price you want, but it all boils down to the point if someone is interested to purchase it, which depends on the quality and the usefulness of the project.

If for example the project is fixed and the point is to take it and use, it might be of interest to those people that are only interested in packaging (copy-cat-developers) or for example if it’s purpose is to be component based that is supposed to be easy to be mutated and used and it’s assets to be replaced (game is re-skinned) easily.

P.S. I am not against copy-cat-development, I am against the aggressive ADS that going on there. For example if the game makes you loose within 3 seconds in order to watch 30 sec AD it means that something goes wrong. 😀

AdamStrange
    Participant

If it is monkey code and unfinished then the value is about 0.
    Reason: tiny amount of people interested

Taiphoz
    Participant

that wouldn’t make the value zero but rather make it hard to sell, I think your probably right tho not exactly a large market for monkey code so id probably have a better chance selling the art assets separately .

just on the off chance did anyone do a monkey -> monkey2 converter ?

nerobot
    Participant

I thought about converter.

I think such converter can be sold. 🙂

Taiphoz
    Participant

The monkey community is soo terribly tiny now that selling anything to it would be an exercise in futility, the good thing about possibly selling my art assets is that the’re universal and could just as easily be sold to unity or unreal users, as well as monkey devs of course.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.