iOS Missing Files for Simulator

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Programming Help iOS Missing Files for Simulator

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CopperCircle 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

APC
    Participant

Mark,

I am trying to release my apps on iOS and I have to test it on different devices.

I am using Monkey2-v1.1.09

When I use my own device, iPhone 7 Plus the app is launched and work on the device fine.

If I try using the apple simulator I get get this error “missing required architecture x86_64 in libmx2_main.a”

If I run my the same project in Monkey1 it works fine with both device and simulator.

I have to say it has been a challenge to get it working because I can’t find the information easy and I depend on the community to help answer my questions. Do you have any examples for iOS and Android?

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

The ios simulator is not currently supported – you need to build directly to a device.

I can add simulator support but it will require rebuilding all modules etc as it will effectively require a whole new target.

CopperCircle
    Participant

That sounds like a PITA but simulator support is great for testing on devices you don’t own.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Ok, simple simulator support added to develop branch.

It’s implemented as a sort of psuedo target so you’ll need to set MX2_IOS_SIMULATOR=1 in bin/env_macos.txt and rebuild modules – a bit clunky but it works.

APC
    Participant

Mark.

Thanks you, this helps a lot. I will test it.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

One thing that is missing from the simulator builds is fiber support.

This wont be easy to do either as there is no appropriate x86_64 asm file in the fcontext lib I pinched.

But I gather not many people are using fibers so this is OK for now?

CopperCircle
    Participant

Fibers do look tasty! and I will be using them when I port my MonkeyX project over, but I think for most they wont be need right now in the simulator and you have bigger fish to fry!  Are Fibers supported in wasm yet?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.