Is Monkey X documentauons works for Monkey 2?

Home Forums General Discussion Is Monkey X documentauons works for Monkey 2?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  abakobo 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bmcalex
    Participant

Title says it all.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

No, the monkey x documentation is for monkey x, not monkey 2.

If you are unhappy with the monkey 2 documentation, I suggest you take a break from monkey 2 for a while and try again in a few months time or so when the documentation should be much improved.

I am in the middle of writing a 3d engine for monkey 2 and right now that takes precedence, but I’m planning on a big docs effort once that is nearer completion.

bmcalex
    Participant

Thanks Mark for the prompt reply.

In this case I think I’ll wait a bit longer and adapt myself to whatever docs available for M2 as I prefer compiled to interpreted language and I can’t take GameMaker and the like!

abakobo
    Participant

The pakz examples are a good starting point. http://monkeycoder.co.nz/forums/topic/monkey-2-examples-github/

Also the language reference docs has been updated till the last release so if you get mx2 from the github dev branch you’ll have more docs about the core language (enums, pointers,…).

The docs about the different available modules is still very gappy though.. and it’s one of the big power of mx2. A lot of essential modules are available already (math, vect/matrix geom, lists/stacks/maps, databuffers, (file)streams, mojo, mojoX gui, mojo3d (still WIP),… ). Once you get them it’s amazing how easy it is to do almost anything you want, from console apps to full games or productive app.

But it was ok for me learning with these, I was already used to mx1 though. But I could not go back to it now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.