Is your Ted2Go crashing in Window 7 when debugging?

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Development Is your Ted2Go crashing in Window 7 when debugging?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ferdi 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ferdi
    Participant

Sorry if I post this in the wrong forum, usually there is a bug forum in Monkey-X.

In file “modules/std/process/native/process.cpp” change:

To

There are 2 places that require to be changed.

I got the fix from: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17130532/writefile-causes-crash-with-access-violation

DruggedBunny
    Participant

Yeah, it’s always done that on ‘7. I did find it was crashing in a system command (think it was writeLn or something?) but will give this a go.

abakobo
    Participant

Yes, Mark has stated that the official dev platform was W10 and that he would not try to resolve that problem (due to lots of platforms to manage already). A Pull request could help!

cocon
    Participant

Yeah I noticed that on my old laptop, however I downloaded the 08 version from itch.io and works fine, the latest 09 won’t work at all.

Ferdi
    Participant

For me it was crashing when I put DebugStop() and I press the stop button in the debug menu.  The stop button code is in view/DebugView.  I traced it to the line _console.WriteStdin( “q~n” ).  The back trace for that line is _console.WriteStdin -> ConsoleExt.WriteStdin -> Process.WriteStdin.  I found the WriteFile line is causing the reset in Process.WriteStdin.

How did you reproduce your problem?

I could have sworn I read in this forum that Monkey 2 is releasing on Steam, and the minimum requirement is Windows 7.  I could have read wrong though, it was a skim read.

I wouldn’t do a pull request.  It needs more testing.  It looks like a really easy change but it is at the core.  I don’t know what else is using Process class.  May be Mark put a zero there for a reason, I don’t know.  I haven’t test it on Windows 10 yet.

Ferdi
    Participant

I got my Monkey 2 from Github and it is pull to the latest commit.  I compile mods and Ted2Go using the rebuild batch files in script directory. I wonder, it could be the library files I am using to compile with.

Ferdi
    Participant

Just a warning.  I have been using Ted2Go with this fix, and it only crash once for me.  But when I look at my task manager I see alot of mx2cc and python.  If you do use the fix check your task manager.  So this causes other problem(s).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.