Lighting with Monkey-X

About Monkey 2 Forums General Discussion Lighting with Monkey-X

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  PixelPaladin 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

cgrossi
    Participant

Hello, friends.

This topic is related to Monkey-X. I’m trying to use light, but nothing happens. I’m doingย  a very simple sample. What could be wrong? Could it be related to my computer? It’s an old – more than 5 years – HP notebook with integrated video. But I found a link with a sample over the internet and the lights work fine… Here’s my code.

Thanks

Phil
    Participant

I don’t use mojo2, but I think you might get some information in the Cerberus X forums. Cerberus is the successor of Monkey X.

cgrossi
    Participant

Hello.

Phil, unfortunately I couldn’t make it work neither with Cerberus or Monkey. Monkey2 doesn’t launch on my notebook.

Does anyone know why light isn’t working??

Regards

Amon
    Participant

What are the specs of your notebook? What gpu, processor, ram?

It’s the gpuย really that is most important. Are all the drivers up to date, especially the gpu’s?

cgrossi
    Participant

Hi, Amon.

Well, as I told before, my notebook is a little bit old, it is more then 5 years old. Its specs are: Core i3, 4GB Ram with integrated gpu. I believe all drivers are updated… What can I do to play around with lights?? ๐Ÿ™

Thanks

DruggedBunny
    Participant

Do any of the MonkeyX light samples work, or is it just your own code that’s not working?

I can’t remember what samples are in MX, but seem to recall there was a lights sample. If that doesn’t work, I’d guess the notebook doesn’t support the GL or shader level required for them.

If it’s just your own code, ie. the sample works, probably best to post on the CerberusX forums, since probably very few here are using MX now.

cgrossi
    Participant

Well, I didn’t try any MX samples – and I don’t know if there is any – but once I accessed a link with a sample and it worked fine.

I’ll post my problem at CerberusX.

Thank you so much!

PixelPaladin
    Participant

For me it works with Cerberus-X when I change the path to just “bg.png” (instead of “monkey://data/bg.png”) with the following file structure:

cgrossi
    Participant

Hi, PixelPaladin. Can you send me your code, please?

Thanks

PixelPaladin
    Participant

sure, here it is:

cgrossi
    Participant

Thanks, it’s quite like mine, but I’ll give it a try!

PixelPaladin
    Participant

Well, it was your code. I just did some changes so that I can read it better myself ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think changing the path should be enough to make it work.

cgrossi
    Participant

I did notice that it was my code!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I just didn’t understand why changing the path it should work…

DruggedBunny
    Participant

Just checking, did you have bg.png in a data subfolder, like this?

[/crayon]

cgrossi
    Participant

Sure I do. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.