Maybe we should give up on the BlitzMax crowd and close the forum.

About Monkey 2 Forums General Discussion Maybe we should give up on the BlitzMax crowd and close the forum.

This topic contains 47 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Sibly 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

EdzUp
    Participant

@adamstrange well said 🙂

RustyK
    Participant

Rusty here..

I was just banned from the Blitz forum which is not even a Monkey forum. Nice one skidracer, I don’t care if I get ban here but for once, don’t censor opinions just to market a product that not everyone is in favor of.

Thank you.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

I wont be closing bb.com as its its own thing now, with skidracer in charge for extra thrills and spills! In fact, the site’s probably still only there ‘coz of skid (it only costs me money) so please don’t hassle him too much.

Yes, there’s probably a certain ‘anti-monkey’ element there, but that’s kind of natural because it’s a blitz site and ‘my language is better than your language’ etc – and monkey is quite different from blitz! In fact, they represent 2 quite different aspects of programming, so I’m not that surprised that someone who digs blitz is not so keen on monkey.

I wouldn’t worry about the effect this is having on mx2 though. I think anyone who was gonna do the blitz->monkey2 thing will have done so by now, and anyone left who is still grumpy about mx2 is by now just preaching to the choir.

Besides, IMO the future of monkey2 is really going to depend on whether or not we can make an impact on the *current* generation of indie game coders (and whatever blitz may be, current it is not), many of whom have c#/java etc backgrounds and I think will ‘get’ monkey2 a whole lot better.

Think I’ll lock this too as it seems to be getting a little heated in places…

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Maybe we should give up on the BlitzMax crowd and close the forum.’ is closed to new replies.