Monkey 2 IRC room

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Hezkore 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

abakobo
    Participant

you can get chat history on irc

Yes ok, but I’ve never used IRC this way and I think a lot of people do the same(?). Discord is fine, it looks like a little club lobby, and is user friendly.
    I really appreciate ted2go’s chat but, finally, I’ve never really used it except to say hello.

Taiphoz
    Participant

Im sure there is a bot for discord that act’s as a relay and links both chats. discord groups do this a lot actually normally linking in game chats from servers with their out of game people on discord.

jondecker76
    Participant

I just tried to access via Ted2go but get booted from the server for not identifying via SASL? It’s been a long time since I’ve even used IRC, and searching for a simple answer is bringing up answers that will take days to read and understand. Any tips on how to get connected?

Hezkore
    Participant

I haven’t updated the Ted2Go IRC client in some time, so it might be a bit busted heh.
    This is likely due to the server you’ve been assigned, you should be able to connect later via Ted2Go and be assigned a different one.

But I recommend using something like Hexchat on Linux to connect to Freenode and join #monkey2.
    You can grab it for free over at: https://hexchat.github.io/
    That way you can stay connected outside of Ted2Go as well. 🙂

But if you desperately want to use Ted2Go’s IRC, you can jump into settings and change the server to a specific Freenode server, instead of connecting to the network and being assigned one based on location.
    Here’s a list (not sure how updated it is though): http://freenode-redesign.herokuapp.com/irc_servers.php

There’s also a web based solution, look at my first post in this thread.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.