Monkey 2 Spanish website

About Monkey 2 Forums General Discussion Monkey 2 Spanish website

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JaviCervera 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Yue
    Participant

Hi, I want to learn how to use Monkey 2, so the only viable way I see of doing it is to create a website and make tutorials, and give feedback to the knowledge. My concern is if there are no inconveniences with using the respective Monkey 2 logos and if there is a specific license to use them.

On the other hand, how do I find the plugin that has the syntax to write Monkey code in WordPress.

Kind regards.

http://monkey2spanish.yihosting.com

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Yes, a Spanish site would be great!

Logos etc can be found at the download link above:

http://monkeycoder.co.nz/monkey2-logo-and-resources/

As for syntax highlighing, this site uses the crayon plugin which has ‘monkey’ as one of its supported languages so we just use that!

Jesse
    Participant

Que? Hahaha! 🙂
    Si necesitas ayuda, posiblemente te pueda ayudar. Ultimamente no he tenido tiempo para dedicar a la programación pero cuando pueda lo hare.

Mi español no es muy bueno pero ojalá y te sirva en algo.

Suerte!

Desde EEUU, Colorado.

Yue
    Participant

@Mark Sibly Thanks You!! 🙂

@jesse  o.O?  Es muy agradable que alguien hable español 🙂

Well, I’ve already started writing on the site, and in a way what I learned with Blitz3D and especially with BlitzMax helps a little bit to understand the power of Monkey 2. Although there are strange things I can’t understand about everything. Such as the following code.

I don’t know what I’m missing, in BlitzMax a byte data type has a range from my perspective of 0 to 255, in Monkey 2 obviously something is happening. What is it?

Kind regards.

Android
    Participant

@yue – The based types are all signed, for unsigned “Yue” can add the “U” to the prefix the data type for the unsigned version.

Byte      8 bit signed integer.

UByte   8 bit unsigned integer.

Jesse
    Participant

@yue if you have time watch this video:

cambia las opciones the subtitulos a “autoTranslate ->Spanish”.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

All integral datatypes in monkey2 are ‘signed’ by default with ‘unsigned’ variants of each. For example, ‘i:Int’ is a signed int, while ‘i:UInt’ is unsigned. So ‘b:UByte=255’ should do what you expect, as UByte is the unsigned variant of Byte.

With blitzmax, you didn’t get a choice: byte and short were always unsigned, int and long were always signed (I think it was).

Jesse
    Participant

Yue, You should try this code in BlitzMax:

[/crayon]

JaviCervera
    Participant

Yue, no soy muy activo en redes sociales, pero me encantaría ver una comunidad de Monkey2 en castellano 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.