Monkey runs great on Ryzen CPU's

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Development Monkey runs great on Ryzen CPU's

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cocon 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

scurty
    Participant

Just to let y’all know, I recently built a new PC(Ryzen 5 ) and got rid of my previous 2012 Gaming Laptop. I chose Ryzen for the price though I wasn’t too sure of the architectural differences from my previous i7 Intel chip. But I have to say AMD did very good keeping the x64 architecture on point.

No issues at all.

cocon
    Participant

Which model is it?

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

However I see that Ryzen processors under 200$ have very good performance. Combine this with a 200$ GPU and you’re ready to go.

scurty
    Participant

I have the 1600x with a GTX 1060.

Edit: Probably the worst time to have gotten a graphics card as the cryptomining epoch shot the prices to hell. xD

cocon
    Participant

Currently I have an Intel i5 2320, the GPU is GTX 650. The system was setup years ago, back in 2011. I am still very happy with it. However the GPU suffers really bad and can’t be pushed. For example I tried Fallout 4 or Far Cry Primal and they are very slow. Most importantly I am a Blender 3D user, I won’t be able to transition to the new version with it. By testing out the EEVEE  beta I see that it runs slow enough to be annoying. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.