MSVC Community 2017

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Programming Help MSVC Community 2017

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hezkore 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hezkore
    Participant

I’m having some problems getting Monkey 2 to compile with the newer MSVC stuff.

I’ve got this installed:

I grab Monkey 2 from the Github development branch.
    I edit ‘env_windows.txt’ and change ‘MX2_USE_MSVC=1’ along with ‘MX2_ARCH_WINDOWS=x64’
    Then I run ‘rebuildall2go.bat’
    And then I get error:

So okay, it doesn’t find “cl” apparently.
    I have a look at ‘MX2_MSVC_PATH_X64’ in ‘env_windows.txt’ and it points me to:
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.12.25827\bin\Hostx64\x64”
    Which looks like this for me:

And “cl.exe” IS there.
    I’ve checked all the other MSVC paths too, like “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10” and they all seem to exist as well.

What am I doing wrong?

In the end, I’d like to make this portable so I don’t have to install and go through this on every machine I use.
    And I’m wondering, does Monkey 2 actually check the ‘env_windows.txt’ path for ‘cl.exe’, or does it just call the command ‘cl.exe’ which uses “PATH” or something?

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Please post your env_windows.txt file.

Hezkore
    Participant

Hezkore
    Participant

I think I’ve managed to get it working… It’s still compiling so not sure, but the ‘cl.exe’ error isn’t showing up at least.

What I did was compile it once without MSVC, which got me the new “mx2cc_windows.exe” compiler.
    And after that, MSVC seems to compile just fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.