Nice Mojo3D Plane Demo

About Monkey 2 Forums General Discussion Nice Mojo3D Plane Demo

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Ethernaut 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

DruggedBunny
    Participant

It works fine in Firefox here — what version are you running, and on what platform?

semar
    Participant

Firefox ESR Version 52.7.3 (32Bit) on Windows10 64bit

DruggedBunny
    Participant

Hmm, it seems version 52 added support for wasm by default, but I’ve just found this page:

https://browserengine.net/firefox-52-0-released-find-out-what-is-new-2/

… which says:

Firefox 52.0 ESR

Firefox 52.0 ESR marks the beginning of a new extended support release cycle. This release is important for a number of reasons:

[… ]

Service Workers, Push Notifications, and WebAssembly not enabled by default. To enable, set dom.serviceWorkers.enabled, dom.serviceWorkers.openWindow.enabled, dom.push.enabled and javascript.options.wasm to true.

semar
    Participant

[quote]Service Workers, Push Notifications, and WebAssembly not enabled by default. To enable, set dom.serviceWorkers.enabled, dom.serviceWorkers.openWindow.enabled, dom.push.enabled and javascript.options.wasm to true.[/quote]

That did the trick, thank you DruggedBunny !

By the way: impressive demo. Could you share the sourcecode ?

Best regards,

Sergio

DruggedBunny
    Participant

Cool! It’s Ethernaut’s demo, but I think the intention is that it will be a ‘banana’ sample… there is an older version in bananas/toy-plane. I assume the source to the latest version is already available somewhere, as I see therevills built it earlier in the thread, but I could be wrong… ?

Ethernaut
    Participant

DruggedBunny
    Participant

Thanks!

SekaiChi
    Participant

Nice 3D going on there love it !

Ethernaut
    Participant

Now that I’m getting a bit more into 3D shaders, I’ve updated the plane demo to use a Forward renderer by default (and use a new Water material that actually renders in the forward renderer).

Looks the same, but when I render it at full resolution (key “/” to toggle render resolution) I get about 50% more fps on my laptop, yay! Makes me wonder why Mark made the current Water Material for deferred renderer only.

Latest commit here: https://github.com/DoctorWhoof/Plane-Demo

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.