Phoenix USC

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Projects Phoenix USC

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Richard Betson 7 hours, 36 minutes ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Richard Betson
    Participant

Hi,

I have been hard at work getting the Phoenix USC pre-alpha demo ready for release. I have included an action packed video of me making a run through of the map in GOD mode. The video shows 40 bot’s in the maps base filling the screen with hundreds of weapons fire objects and stunning lighting and visual effects. I have updated all of the artwork which adds to the wild bot game play. After a lot of hard work designing a custom game engine (Alien Phoenix) I’m very pleased with the results, achieving the mix of spcae combat and eye candy I was aiming for.

The pre-alpha demo will include 3 game play scenarios. Capture the flag, engage an enemy squadron in arena space and clear an entrenched force in an unfinished base. These scenarios will help to give you an idea of what the online MMO game play will be like.

For a look at images of the game checkout the my IndieDB images here. You can follow Phoenix USC on Facebook and Twitter.

Phoenix USC is powered by the Alien Phoenix gaming framework (for Monkey2) which you can follow in this forum. It’s in a pre-alpha (maybe slightly proto) state at the moment but will be available to all for free soon.

Phoenix USC now has an ITCH.IO page. 🙂
    http://vidiot-x.itch.io/phoenix-universe-of-space-combat

Long live Monkey2!

Users who have liked this topic:

Richard Betson
    Participant

Phoenix USC now has an ITCH.IO page. 🙂
    http://vidiot-x.itch.io/phoenix-universe-of-space-combat

Richard Betson
    Participant

Live bots! I have bots moving around and responding. Pretty cool to see actual space combat. Weapons impacts now feature custom light colors. Bot ships now explode when killed. Video soon!

Richard Betson
    Participant

It’s alive! Checkout this video showing off a new bot AI. Phoenix USC comes alive in a battle with 40 bots. It also features custom colors for weapons impacts and satisfying bot kill explosions.

This is definitely worth a look.

Users who have liked this topic:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.