Plane Demo impressive – a question though..

About Monkey 2 Forums General Programming Discussion Plane Demo impressive – a question though..

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ethernaut 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

semar
    Participant

I’ve seen the Ethernaut Plane demo and the code he written to obtain that – indeed an impressive work.

However, I wonder if we can, in the future, have Moj3d statements with the simplicity of Blitz3D.

As you certainly know, write a simple rotating cube on a 3D scene in Blitz3D is a breeze, and a matter of few statements. The question is, if Mojo3D 3D-programming will be as simple.

I ask this because I compare the Blitz3D-plane demo with the Mojo3D Plane-demo one. And to be honest, I’m quite scared from the lines of code needed for Mojo3D !

I would like to read some comment on this.

Regards,

Sergio

Ethernaut
    Participant

I think part of the problem is that the original demo you’re mentioning was probably written by Mark Sibly himself, while the new demo was written by a clueless non-programmer – me!

That said, I think it would be perfectly possible to wrap mojo3d in a simpler module, possibly even design it in a non object-oriented way. it’s not in my to do list, though. I’m happy with the direction mojo3d is headed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.