Powered by Monkey 2 logo.

About Monkey 2 Forums General Programming Discussion Powered by Monkey 2 logo.

This topic contains 53 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Betson 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

DruggedBunny
    Participant

That’s pretty darn good, peterigz, but does it scale down OK?

I thought degac’s twin-tails thing for Monkey2 was clever, and makes for a visual double-take, a little more attention-grabbing than just… a normal monkey.

peterigz
    Participant

If you scale down you can just go with the monkey and circle on it’s own, depends on the space you have to fit it in. Can’t say I’m that keen on the 2 tails, just looks a bit odd to me, I can’t tell if it’s one monkey with 2 tails or one in front of another.

Scaled down minus the powered by, looks ok to me, Adam deserves the credit though I was just playing with it 🙂

Hezkore
    Participant

Something that’s always bugged me with the Monkey 2 logo is that the monkey is like the most basic monkey icon you can find heh.
    If you Google ‘monkey icon’ similar ones show up multiple times.

cocon
    Participant

I had created this character a few months ago to be used in a game but I decided to change the theme instead. 🙂 Now for me is unusable but if is needed somewhere else let me know.

Attachments:

Ethernaut
    Participant

I like Adam’s logo, but the shapes behind it are unnecessary, and in fact work against the nice alignments he created between the text and the monkey (i.e. he’s walking on the same “surface” as the words are settled on).

Here’s a two color version, just to see how it looks:

I also agree with Hezkore, a less “clip art” monkey would be welcome.

Ethernaut
    Participant

Managed to make a super quick cleanup monkey drawing… styling is still kinda “meh”, and I just went along with the same “monkey walking from the side” idea (again, super quick), but hopefully feels more clean and distinctive.

AdamStrange
    Participant

that’s a sad looking monkey 😉

Ethernaut
    Participant

Yeah, the chin ended up looking like a nose (and the double chin like the normal chin!), so it looks like he has a big nose and is sadly looking down… 🙂 Will fix when I find some time.

P.S. I hope you don’t mind us… monkeying…with your logo.

therevills
    Participant

I like Adam’s logo with Peter’s “2” 🙂

AdamStrange
    Participant

Here’s a more final version (the pink 2 removed for clarity in viewing) with attention being put into viewing at smaller resolutions.

Attachments:

therevills
    Participant

Still prefer the pink 2 adds a bit of character… we need an “official” version and a vector version.

peterigz
    Participant

The font for the 2 was Mr Dafoe from google fonts btw incase you want to use it. For smaller icons I was thinking you could just write m2 as well.

Simon Armstrong
    Participant

industry support for GLTF

Maybe it would be a good idea to start with the monkey logo and then work in a powered by.

No other language includes it’s version number except for maybe Perl 6 so I question the validity of including a 2.

Worst icon above (from a recent gltf support tweet) is in my view mozilla, hideous….

therevills
    Participant

Most of those logos are for the company, not for a language.

You need examples of products, such as Oracle DB:

Or Game Maker 2:

Or HTML5:

Or UE4:

Construct 2:

Until an official one has been decided on I’m using this one:

and

AdamStrange
    Participant

Here’ is the redesigned logo without the 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.