Powered by Monkey 2 logo.

About Monkey 2 Forums General Programming Discussion Powered by Monkey 2 logo.

This topic contains 52 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  cocon 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

cocon
    Participant

Is the “contest” for offers still on? By no any means I try to undervalue the work already done, is good and it does the work, is only about exploring more and more stuff (within the boundaries of fan-art perhaps).

Just before the grand re design, I had a few other ideas to test but unfortunately I did not manage to get some time, it would be interesting  however to post here any further images.

Richard Betson
    Participant

PhatPeter
    Participant

What’s needed is a logo that speaks to people and gives an impression !

Something simple yet elegant and delicious :

http://i67.tinypic.com/rwmpfn.pngRetrolishious logo

The Vector code to create it :

Diffrenzy
    Keymaster

Current versions of the Monkey 2 logo are here: http://monkeycoder.co.nz/monkey2-logo-and-resources/

I was planning on doing a set of “Powered by Monkey 2” images too, but If we are going to have the whole “I think we should have another logo/name” etc. again I might skip that.

I’m quite proud of the the current  one and have gotten good reviews on it from my fellow designer friends and colleges. Quite some time and consideration went into the making of it, with bouncing ideas with fellow monkey 2 coder and designer Hezkore and other design professionals.

For those wondering about my background for doing this, I have my Master in Design from https://kadk.dk/en/ so what ever else you might think of the current logo, it can’t really be categorized as programmers art.

Richard Betson
    Participant

I was planning on doing a set of “Powered by Monkey 2” images too, but If we are going to have the whole “I think we should have another logo/name” etc. again I might skip that.

I’m good with whatever is official. Whatever Mark wants to choose. The sooner the better as I will be releasing a game demo and would like to use the official logo for branding.

abakobo
    Participant

IMO the actual Logo is the best that has ever been shown. Just the font of the “2” that I don’t like too much (if something had to be said).

cocon
    Participant

This WebAssembly thing was fun. 🙂

This time I took another approach to the design. It has stuck to me for a couple of days now, the power of abstraction. Instead of adding more details to the design the point is to actually take things out.  For this reason I took out some details. Now from my point of view the logo seems more “grounded” or “serious”, perhaps the eyes previously made the monkey in the logo look too cute,  but now the purpose is to become more pumped and badass. 😛 Another reason for the abstraction is where you can consider the Python language, where the logo has the resemblance to the python animal but not presenting it literally in the full form. Actually from what I remember python meant to be a reference to Monty Python. Anyways…

There are various variations, logo, letters, transparent_logo+letters. Colors come into both variations, pinkish and blue. I am not against pinkish theme but I could consider adding the blue version for the sake of comparison.

Also I had some thoughts, about the case of  trying to see the plain “mx” case, how it looks and how it rolls. The mindset for this is that if you can consider that many languages are named after for letters. Since mx has a historic sense it makes a good alternative. Another consideration is where the PHP language started as something like “Personal Homepage Preprocessor” but since it has evolved too far since it’s creation, now the PHP stands on it’s own as letters an abstraction. But anyway this is just a test.

These images are tests, done in a great hurry. I can create high resolution versions if needed, though is easy to reproduce. The font I use is Ubuntu Mono since the licence good.

Attachments:

cocon
    Participant

Doing another test to see how it looks in a desktop environment.

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.