Playniax news

Home Forums Monkey 2 Projects Playniax news

This topic contains 146 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  nerobot 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Playniax
    Participant

Pyro for monkey2 basically has 3 main modules. There is the low level ‘framework’ module, a scenegraph module and a gui module. The framework module contains various helpers for graphics, math, base64, serialisation, screen managing, pixel collision, arrays, pathfinding, texture packer, xml and more. I am working towards a first release now so hopefully somewhere this month! The framrwork module will be made available through the Monkey2 module manager and our download page. The framework module of Pyro will be free! Just to be clear, this does not include the scenegraph and gui module! ( scenegraph and gui are commercial products ) I just need to wrap up the docs and examples.

With all this out of the way I can continue work on the editor: http://playniax.com/SAF/editorwl/clip1.gif

Richard Betson
    Participant

Neat! So that is your GUI running there? Just curious. 🙂

Looks good.

Playniax
    Participant

Yes, it’s the Pyro GUI. Mojox was not available at the time and also nothing wrong with alternatives 🙂

Richard Betson
    Participant

… and also nothing wrong with alternatives 🙂

I totally agree with that.. 😀

Playniax
    Participant

It’s now possible to open multiple projects and copy sprite maps between them! Tiles will be a bit harder.

Oh, and I added a context menu! But it doesn’t do much yet except look pretty…

nerobot
    Participant

Nice looking!

What is the base for editor? Mx1, mx2, bmax, … ?

Playniax
    Participant

Thanks! The base for the editor is MX2

Also, from now on ‘Pyro for Monkey2’ will have a ‘new’ name simply Pyro 2

I think this makes more sense…

Playniax
    Participant

I just uploaded a new Pyro 2 preview due to some Monkey 2 changes…

nobuyuki
    Participant

Tony,

Thanks for making the framework components free!  I hope this will make the adoption of the language go a lot more smoothly.  Are we able to contribute to it at all?  Dual licensed or has one of those code giveaway agreements or such?  I really like the idea of building up the toolbox to give the mx2 community a good running start once it’s ready for commercial development.

And of course, having a vertically-integrated editor like pyro2 will be awesome.  Exciting stuff!

Playniax
    Participant

Your welcome!

Are we able to contribute to it at all? Dual licensed or has one of those code giveaway agreements or such?

I have not decided yet. I think it’s not a bad idea. I may make the framework module open source and throw it on Git.

Playniax
    Participant

Phew, got rotation of multiple objects working!

Playniax
    Participant

I made some changes to the ( pixel perfect ) collision layer module today. With Ignition X and Pyro you needed a little editor to create image pixel masks. The editor is able to create a mask automatically but Pyro 2 can now do this without using an editor. It uses the alpha channel to create the pixel mask. The collision layer can also adjust its size automatically now ( before you had to set the size your self ).

These demos use the pixel perfect collision module:

http://www.playniax.com/SAF/gz/
    http://www.playniax.com/SAF/spiral/

Playniax
    Participant

I continued porting the Duel demo to Pyro today 2. Lighting is not in yet so it looks weird.

Pyro 1

Pyro 2 ( without lighting but will be added )

papgar
    Participant

Editor looks good

Are scenegraph and gui modules complete ?  And is there Box2D support yet ?

Playniax
    Participant

Scenegraph is ‘complete’. Gui needs some work but the core components are in. You can read more about Pyro 2 here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.