Playniax news

Home Forums Monkey 2 Projects Playniax news

This topic contains 150 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Playniax 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 151 total)
  • Author

Playniax
    Participant

Your welcome!

i love the ease of testing each example in my browser!

Yeah, I wrote a html builder ( in Monkey2 ) that builds the articles. I just create a text file with the text, code and links and the docs are created automatically. Still to polish a bit but so far I am happy with the result!

Keep your eyes open for more…

Playniax
    Participant

A little update on the articles.

This time added the config class and tile basics.

http://docs.playniax.com/articles/

Fab08
    Participant

Thanks Tony !

I learn a lot with yours articles.

therevills
    Participant

Great tutorials!

Playniax
    Participant

Thanks guys!Β More are coming…

In the meanwhile have a little sneak peek at our upcoming game Dumbot made with Monkey2/Pyro2

Canuto
    Participant

Dumbot looks great! With the help of your articles and your code examples I’m messing around with pyro to build a small plattformer myself (not as well shaped as yours of course ;-)).

If I may suggest another topic for your upcoming articles that would be mobile targets. In fact it would be great to know what is the best practice to develop mobile games with Pyro (Android and iPhone) taking into account that there are different resolutions, aspect ratios etc. I’d like to have at least a conceptual hint for this topic before I dive deep into further development and get this totally wrong πŸ™‚ Would be great if you could share some ideas.

Playniax
    Participant

Thanks! I will think about that. It looks like these articles are really helpful so I definitely will continue with them!

Playniax
    Participant

I was working on a little ‘endless runner’ template for Pyro based on that old boulderdash game but with a twist.

The control buttons will probably not work yet on a touchscreen so use the keyboard arrow keys up/down!

Here is a little preview

The idea is to get this template out on chupamobile to generate some Pyro exposure and generate some revenue.
    The template will be easy to reskin so interested parties will be able to create a custom version and monetize it.
    Levels can be created with Tiled.

Canuto
    Participant

Hi Tony,

I hope you don’t mind that I am using this thread – but your endless runner made me dive deeper into your jungle example to learn more about tiles, collision and animation. I think I ran into a bug in your jungle demo which I cannot track down: There is one banana which freezes the rotating animation of all other bananas when it is collected by the player. I tried to figure out wether it is a problem with the level’s tilemap data or a bug in Pyro. I think there must be something different with this specific banana tile (marked red on screenshot attached to this post) but i cant find a difference to all the others. Its starting to give me a headache… πŸ˜‰ Maybe if you’ve got some time you could take a look at it and tell me the reason. That would be really relieving to me πŸ™‚

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Attachments:

Playniax
    Participant

I have a suspicion of what it can be. Will have a look…

Playniax
    Participant

Pyro2 v1.0.5 is available!!!

An update of the Monkey2 / Pyro2 package is available on itch

Summary

β€’ Added Tiled module ( beta )
    β€’ Added MouseDown, MouseHit, MouseReleased and MouseHover to scenegraph layer objects
    β€’ Added CreateTiledImage to the gfx module
    β€’ Added drawMode to DrawLine
    β€’ Added Insert to Layer class
    β€’ Added TextureFlags to ContentManager loaders
    β€’ Renamed StringArrayToFloat() to ToFloat()
    β€’ Renamed StringArrayToInt() to ToInt()

I will also send an update to Mark for the module manager.

I also released the game template keep-mining.

Keep-mining

After purchase you can reskin the game, change the title, change the music and monetize it anyway you like!
    Final builds should work on Android, iOS, HTML5, Windows and OSX!

nerobot
    Participant

Cool! πŸ™‚

Playniax
    Participant

The crash test art has an update!

Added new gui elements, backhgrounds and tiles!

Get it at: https://playniax.itch.io/crashtest-art

AdamStrange
    Participant

really nice way of showing the bitmaps in the 3d look. Kudos πŸ˜‰

Playniax
    Participant

Thanks AdamStrange!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.