Playniax news

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Projects Playniax news

This topic contains 177 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Playniax 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 178 total)
  • Author

Playniax
    Participant

Hi guys!

We have some new assets for you! https://playniax.itch.io/clear-art-pack

The tilesets are interchangeable with the Playniax CrashTest Art Pack for easy reskinning!

Enjoy!

Playniax
    Participant

Here is a little preview of a new endless runner game template for Pyro coming soon.

Playniax
    Participant

Keep Running Pyro template now on itch

EdzUp
    Participant

is there a place to download your powered by MonkeyX2 logo which is in Revengestar?

Playniax
    Participant

The powered by is just text but here are the logo’s

EdzUp
    Participant

ah thought I saw a metallic one on the title screen

Playniax
    Participant

Special December bundle! ( 33% off )

Richard Betson
    Participant

@Playniax
    Hey bud. Message me on my Phoenix USC FaceBook page. I have something I want to show you. 🙂

Playniax
    Participant

Check!

abakobo
    Participant

Hi Playniax

I’ve started to play with pyro2 (pluging box2d+JsonRUBE Reader) but found some little things:

LayerEllipse and LayerRectangle have ints for their constructors which is bad for debugdrawing/zooming in the physics world. Floats would be better…

when you unzoom very far you get a memory access violation from the ExpandArray function. Visibly asking for an array too big for the reseved memory or something…
    _zoom is VERY Small 6.7e-007 and the call to ExpandArray maxw=466096c -> maxh=349530 -> creating a HUGE array. Why does Pyro2 needs such array? Again for huge physics world this can be a problem. Isn’t such arrays taking lots of memory when unzooming?

It would be great if you where making a github repo of pyro2 so we can discuss and improve.

abakobo
    Participant

Where can I find the source code of the demos?

Playniax
    Participant

Demos can be found here: http://www.playniax.com/download/?dir=Pyro%202

I think the the fields are floats but the constructor settings maybe not. Will see if I can change that.

Pyro has a mapping system to deal with large worlds. It uses arrays for this. The TileSize property ( default 2048 ) deals with this but no idea why you get that error. Could you send me the project?

abakobo
    Participant

Thanks for your answers!

Could you send me the project?

It’s with “pyro-scenegraph\bananas\b02_advanced\b03_zoom_rotate.monkey2”. Just unzoom for long enough and it will crash. It could be nice to have a minimum zoom factor to prevent this fatal crash for example. I implemented it on my side but more solid is more reliable..

I know it’s a bit strange to unzoom that far but with chipmunk physics it’s actually something that you might want to do sometimes (astro travel for example). So knowing how far we can go can be an important clue in the game design.

There’s someting else I would have to implement into pyro (Ithink) because I have no access to the camera’s private field _offset. It’s for a getMatrix (or get back transformed canvas) of the camera. I need this to implement box2d/chipmunk debugdraws more easily. Registering all the shapes as layer objects then clearing them is not comfortable at all. Actually the only private field I can’t get is the _offset one. Is _offset for layer.Multiplier offsets? For now it’s not a problem and I use the following camera extension to achieve this.
    What about a Github repo?

Playniax
    Participant

I plan to get back ( after some time off ) to some Pyro stuff starting monday so added this to my list.

Playniax
    Participant

Hey guys! Playniax asset packs now temporarily 33% off!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.