Playniax news

Home Forums Monkey 2 Projects Playniax news

This topic contains 146 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  nerobot 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Playniax
    Participant

Whoohoo! Mark just added Chipmunk2D Physics to Monkey 2 so I decided to play around and test it with Pyro 2!

nerobot
    Participant

We will see 🙂

Playniax
    Participant

I had to make some massive improvements to the Pyro 2 engine but the editor can now handle tiles! Basically the sprite mapping system is handling the tiles now ( tiles and spites were 2 systems blend together in Pyro 1 ). Of course tiles are still possible and Tiled maps can still be used but this is the only sane way to deal with this in the editor without resorting to all kind of sub editor modes.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Looking good!

How are you doing the music?

Playniax
    Participant

Thanks Mark!

The music I got from here: https://machinimasound.com/music/genre/chiptune/

Playniax
    Participant

Whoohoo! Crushed some particle engine bugs today.

I am very tempted to resurrect the particle editor I started to make a while back but I need to stick to the plan or it will never make it out there. Will do this later though…

Playniax
    Participant

And… I got iso sorting running!

Playniax
    Participant

Btw, I got lighting up today!

And working on bananas and tutorials right now… Yay!

Playniax
    Participant

Just uploaded the latest Pyro 2 preview to our support page. Massive changes to the tile system!

This is probably the last preview version. I expect to have some kind of release this month!!!

Thanks for all the people supporting Pyro 2 already by buying Pyro 1.

nerobot
    Participant

Good news! Well done. 🙂

Playniax
    Participant

Thanks nerobot!

I also just uploaded a demo of the pyro-framework module: http://www.playniax.com/SAF/downloads/pyro-framework-demo.zip

I uploaded it now mainly for testing so any feedback is appreciated!

The pyro-framework module is a collection of Monkey 2 helpers to make your coding life easier and will be available for free!

There are helpers for arrays, base64, xml, bitmap fonts, collisions, delta timing, graphics, math, pathfinding, texturepacker and more!

( although I left out the pixel collision and xml for now because of some bugs )

After some more testing I will upload it so it can be used by the Monkey 2 module manager.

Playniax
    Participant

It looks like the official release date of Pyro 2 will be the first of December! 🙂

This will include the Pyro-framework, scene-graph and gui module, docs, examples, templates and demos.

I am hoping to release the editor in januari 2017 in some shape or form!

Note that if you purchase a Pyro (1) license before the first of December you will get the editor later for free ( our way to say thanks for the early support ).

CopperCircle
    Participant

Look forward to it 🙂

Playniax
    Participant

I really need a feature stop if I want to finished V1.0.0 before the 1st of december but I couldn’t resist adding a ‘debug’ editor to the gui system for help with positioning gui objects 🙂

skn3
    Participant

feature creep, always feature creep 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.