Playniax news

Home Forums Monkey 2 Projects Playniax news

This topic contains 130 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Fab08 22 hours, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author

Fab08
    Participant

” This means that Pyro2 can now load Tiledmaps directly without using the converter! ”

Is the current version of Pyro2 (1.0.3) can load tmx files ?

Playniax
    Participant

Yes, if you buy the Tiled converter / Tiled loader Add-on 🙂

It has a converter but also a class that can load Tiled maps directly ( preferred method ) ! It should load orthogonal and isometric maps although I tested mostly orthogonal in a production environment for our upcoming Dumbot game. Make sure to turn off compression in Tiled before you save a tilemap because compression is not yet supported.

Fab08
    Participant

Ok thank you.

Playniax
    Participant

Pyro2 v1.0.4 is available!!! Update contains critical bug fixes!

An update of the Monkey2 / Pyro2 package is available on itch and I just uploaded an update to the module manager so I expect the update to be available for download anytime now.

The Tiled loader was also updated with an important bug fix.

Playniax
    Participant

Hi guys,

Not really planned but I needed some time off from my current projects to avoid burning out on them so I took a day to port Typoooh from Ignition X to Pyro 2! Play the browser version here

Best to be played on a desktop browser!

( btw, social media buttons do not work yet in this version )

nerobot
    Participant

Cool! )

Fab08
    Participant

HI, I added an object layer in a tiled map. I try to read the object location, is there a little sample to show how I can make that ?

Playniax
    Participant

You can give a name to an object in Tiled and in Pyro you can find this object by using GetObject( name ) and you need to cast the object. You can do this at scene level or layer level.

At scene level:

At layer level:

Assuming each object has a unique name.

Finding tiles at any position should not be a problem but I haven’t tested this really yet so let me know if it works…

Fab08
    Participant

Thanks Tony, I’ll try that.

Playniax
    Participant

Now that Monkey2 is getting more interesting by the day ( incuding Ted2go and upcoming 3D ) and now that Pyro2 has proven itself to handle the stress of a real game or 2 I feel that it is time to emphasis even more on the docs!

So starting today I will post an article so now and then with Pyro examples, tutorials and docs. I will try to do this on a regular basis. Just 2 articles right now but have a look if you are interested. There is an example of how to do that cool Typoooh laser! Pyro makes these kind of things really simple!

http://docs.playniax.com/articles/

At the botton of the artciel you can find a link to a running example!

Fab08
    Participant

Great ! That will be very useful. Thanks Tony.

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.