RogueTable 3d animation

Home Forums Monkey 2 Projects RogueTable 3d animation

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AdamStrange 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

AdamStrange
    Participant

Currently controlled by the x mouse location. I need to write a timeline control to deal with all the timing stuff now.

The Nomicron is a magical box where you will access all the stuff to do with a game…

AdamStrange
    Participant

Just been augmenting the shaders. now I’ve got control over final output color and mono (goes to black and white)

Here’s a shot with full mono and using RGB .5,.5,1

Hezkore
    Participant

Very nice!
    What’s the┬áNomicron animated and modelled in?

AdamStrange
    Participant

It’s modelled in Rameses.

The animation is just a simple monkey2 program, but using the Rameses 3d renderer (nothing to do with Mojo3d)

Here’s a quick shot with particle system, lighting, shadows and fluid shader

You can see the light moving in the second half casting new shadows

The fluid and both particle torches are also casting dynamic light. I’ve sort of decided that 50 lights should be enough per scene (each casting shadows) without slowing things down

Novoitch
    Participant

Can you send a copy of your code? I have some problems with animations and i didn’t find any samples.

markcwm
    Participant

Hehe, always enjoy seeing your results Adam.

All effects done through shaders of course. The pixeled flames are pretty cool, maybe going a tad fast. Does Rameses do texture generation too?

AdamStrange
    Participant

Rameses is the 3d modeller I made a while back. it needs to be updated and rewritten as its blitxMax and 3d bit and will stop working soon.

Ramese3d is the monkey2 3d system that imports the rameses models and handles all the shaders etc.

The shaders just handles different looks. They are mainly to do with the way textures are applied. there is only 1 “texture” being used, plus one light texture and one light/shadow textexture.

The texturing is something I developed my self and is ‘quirky’ but very flexible

Here’s a shot of the floor tiles in rameses with the texturing

You can see the single texture on the left its a 16×16 grid of ‘characters’ This is what I call a font. you can also see that there is provision for multi-texturing of 2 different chars, This is correct not supported as I haven’t written a new shader for it. You can also see the 3d view is not right – this is because the modeller is just getting too old now and need updating to monkey2.

Looking at the left texture you can see how it is broken down, some parts use more than one ‘char’. most are greyscale as they are coloured either in the 3d model or when the model is used – this is a very different approach to Mojo3d. But it means from a single model I can use it numerous times with different colours and get completely different looks.

markcwm
    Participant

Hi Adam,

okay so if I have it right, 32-bit will be dropped in OSX 10.13 (and iOS 11) and OpenGL 4 will be retained but replaced with Metal 1 from OSX 10.11 on.

About Rameses modeller, you could use Blitzmax NG 64-bit. I’m using the latest source and it works perfectly. All you might have to do is account for 8-bit memory addresses instead of 4-bit, reading arrays and memory can be a bit tricky but it’s still easier than a port, but I assume you just want the code in Monkey2.

Yes, your texture-tile system is cool, very low memory consumption I would think. So how are you making models in Rameses if the 3d view has gone black?

I have to say your real-time light/shadow map system is pretty amazing.

AdamStrange
    Participant

I had to do a quick check on High Sierra (MacOs 10.13). yep (sorta). High Sierra will be the last MacOS to support 32 bit, so we have a year until the next version to move to 64bit apps. Any apps submitted MUST be 64bit.

Yep I thought about attempting a NG port. but to be honest blitz is just too old a language to recommend now. Monkey2 does things much better (in my humble opinion). But I would really like to port over my audio work into monkey at some stage.

The Rameses 3d output only goes dark when textures are applied, so I can work around that easily as I know what is going on with them. it works perfectly otherwise with a nice 3d output.

The light/shadow system is a fudge, it’s side stepping the normal way of doing things for a ‘look’, it’s not correct or anything. but it does the job for what I am doing here.

But yep. A new version of Rameses written in monkey2 would be the best solution. that way I can just use the Rameses3d renderer and use the controls I already have…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.