Steam Direct Fee & Upcoming Store Updates

Home Forums General Discussion Steam Direct Fee & Upcoming Store Updates

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Voidwalker 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

GfK
    Participant

Aw Christ…. apparently I *have* to make a promotional trailer.  Did not see that curveball coming…

Haven’t used Vegas in years…. this could take a while. :/

therevills
    Participant

Last time I created a trailer it was using Movie Maker a few weeks ago for our latest game… (September release date).

@Mark – hope you’ll be charging for the Steam lib module 🙂

GfK
    Participant

Windows Movie Maker???  Can you even get that for Windows 10 any more?

I used Sony Vegas years and years back when I used to do wedding videos.  Adobe Premier was bloody awful, by comparison.  Of course, Vegas isn’t owned by Sony any more.  So I just plumped for the middle-of-the-road Platinum edition which was about £70.

Bit pricey to make one video, but hey-ho… would like to think it’s the first of many.

IanMartin
    Participant

Yes, you can install and use MovieMaker on Windows 10.  I used it to make my Platfinity trailer.  (Please don’t tell anybody.)

IanMartin
    Participant

You have to be logged in to a developer account to download the Steamworks SDK.

IMHO, you should be putting Monkey 2 on Steam.  The exposure would easily be worth the $100 fee.  You can sell donations, subscriptions, etc. as DLC…

Steamworks integration is badly needed in Monkey 2.  I can’t image shipping a PC game in Current Year that does not have achievements, etc.  I was always disappointed the previous languages did not include built in functions for Steam.

IanMartin
    Participant

Oh, I just noticed…BM is greenlit, so whoever owns the account “Blitz Collective” should be able to log in to the developer portal and download the Steamworks SDK.

regulark
    Participant

I’d be interested in the future in purchasing a Steamworks module. I feel like that’d be pretty important in making Monkey 2 a serious PC game platform.

Voidwalker
    Participant

Me too!

But all in all: Did I get this right: When I’m doing a game with Monkey 2 I can upload it to Steam (of course with that $100 fee) without binding any Steam SDK stuff when I don’t want to use achievements and so on?

Voidwalker
    Participant

Has nobody published for steam yet?

IanMartin
    Participant

Yes, I have:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/365440/Platfinity/

You can upload your game without achievements if you want.  I would strongly recommend adding them though, as well as Trading Cards and the associated Emoticons and Backgrounds.  I think you also need to start Steam integration to get the Steam Overlay to work.

These things are some of the things Steam has over being a Pie Rat.  I think you want to encourage legit purchases any way you can.

Voidwalker
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.