Ted2Go IDE

Home Forums Monkey 2 Projects Ted2Go IDE

This topic contains 463 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  nerobot 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 464 total)
  • Author

nerobot
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Meet totally new Find / Replace panel !

Say goodbye to annoying dialog. 🙂

• Ctrl+F – to find
    • Ctrl+H – to replace
    • Escape – to close find panel

Just build ‘dev’ branch.

Simon Armstrong
    Participant

1 auto correct oddity

a. type the line funxion Main() and hit enter, now go up and fix it replacing x with t and come back down,

b. Ha! But you can’t because auto complete wants to complete something you just completed yourself (bug?) and now owns the cursor key.

c. worse if you use tab key to confirm auto complete the resulting line contains Funcion tion()

2. Update Modules

a. press Ctrl-U and hit Enter key

b. nothing happens, old behavior would cause modules to update

c. i think operations from keyboard shortcuts should not require mouse to confirm

Overall ted2go working awesome. 🙂

nerobot
    Participant

Thanks for feedback, Simon.

1. Seems that it common behaviour for all major IDE – netbeans, visualstudio, etc. Where did you see other way for completion?
    2. Will fix.

In Android studio completion list can complete 2 ways – by Enter and by Tab:

• Enter – just insert ident (type Funxion, remove ‘x’ and type ‘c’, in completion press Enter and you’ll get Functionion)
    • Tab – replace whole world under cursor (type Funxion, remove ‘x’ and type ‘c’, in completion press Tab and you’ll get Function)

Is it good enough to implement in ted2go? But we have option to choose completion key – Enter / Tab / Space, that have effect here.

Simon Armstrong
    Participant

In regards to autocomplete (and sorry for posting 2 issues at a time)

Perhaps ted2go needs record gif option so i can demonstrate the dog’s breakfast I get myself in with current behavior.

Are you trying my example on windows 10?

nerobot
    Participant

Are you trying my example on windows 10?

Yes. But I also tried that in other IDE and got similar behaviour (except of adding space by Tab key).

Perhaps ted2go needs record gif option so i can demonstrate the dog’s breakfast I get myself in with current behavior.

There are many apps for screen recording available. 🙂

Simon Armstrong
    Participant

In other IDE, if i correct a token by fixing something in the middle it will still popup autocomplete even if what is under cursor is exactly the same as the single option proposed in the list?

In less words – they also offer to autocomplete something with suggestion that is identical to the text under the cursor?

[edit] attaches screenshot

Attachments:

Simon Armstrong
    Participant

I need something to glue png files into single gif

snapshot is after hitting tab where cursor is in middle of token (taking picture of cursor big fluke as it blinks off on lost focus not on.

Attachments:

nerobot
    Participant

Ok, I can change logic for Tab key – replace whole world with completion item.

Also can check if there is a single item in completion and it equals with word under cursor – don’t show completion.

Difference
    Participant

Also can check if there is a single item in completion and it equals with word under cursor – don’t show completion.

But please don’t hide it if casing is wrong e.g. “function” should still show “Function”. (Some IDE’s do)

CopperCircle
    Participant

Ted2Go is coming along nicely! is Folding still on the roadmap?

nerobot
    Participant

But please don’t hide it if casing is wrong e.g. “function” should still show “Function”.

Don’t worry.

Ted2Go is coming along nicely! is Folding still on the roadmap?

Thanks. Yes it is.

I almost done v2.6 roadmap. FastDev section goto next version.

Folding maybe in 2.6 if I can do it fast.

Simon Armstrong
    Participant

Please still hide if casing is wrong. Auto capitalizing and auto complete are IMHO two different things and my use case of fixing funxion manually without being hampered by “auto”complete will not be addressed.

MarkB
    Participant

Shows how far im behind .I didnt know you could view image files in Ted2Go by clicking on them.Amazing

Hezkore
    Participant

Shows how far im behind .I didnt know you could view image files in Ted2Go by clicking on them.Amazing

Works with some 3D files too! 🙂

Simon Armstrong
    Participant

When cursor leaves a line by going up or down “end” is auto-capitalized but when cursor leaves a line using right arrow at end of current line or left arrow at beginning of line there is no auto-capitalize operation triggered.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 464 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.