Ted2Go IDE

Home Forums Monkey 2 Projects Ted2Go IDE

This topic contains 489 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  sLiveR 1 day, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 481 through 490 (of 490 total)
  • Author

nerobot
    Participant

I’m interested in is there someone who use project folder filtering via project.json ?

• This file should be placed in project folder root.
    • Supported only “exclude” parameter yet.

Project filter was introduced 4th december.. 🙂

http://monkeycoder.co.nz/forums/topic/ted2go-fork/page/6/#post-5582

There is my project.json file for Ted2Go:

There is no regexp, but a little magic with * char:

• *filter (starts with star) – check text.StartsWith( filter );
    • filter* (ends with star) – check text.EndsWith( filter );
    • *filter* (starts and ends) – check text.Find( filter );
    • filter (w/o stars) – check equals, text = filter.

Diffrenzy
    Participant

I don’t use the project filter function, but it looks useful.

Could it read my .gitignore file instead, because it already selects almost the same files?

Ethernaut
    Participant

This kind of filtering is incredibly useful, but it’s not working well for me.

Behavior is kinda random… sometimes the filter is not applied until I switch away from ted2Go, then back. Sometimes the filter is applied when alt+tab switching, but all files under subfolders disappear.

I’m also confused with the explanation for the use of *. You say that *filter checks for text that starts with filter, but your example project.json file has the string *.products, which doesn’t seem to work. Shouldn’t it be .products* if you want to check for strings that end with .products? I mean, until regexp is supported.

Cheers.

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Think you’ve got startswith/endswith mixed up wrt: the ‘*’ filter.

Also, just added a tiny regex module called tinyregex to develop branch if that’s useful. Only one function for now: Function re_match:Int( pattern:CString,text:CString ), returns index of match or -1 for no match.

Just discovered the c++11 std library actually has a regex engine which may or may not be better, but is at least guaranteed to be bigger! I’ll look at implmenting this later if necessary.

Regex’s aren’t quite like yer standard file filters though, think I prefer plain file filters. Maybe * in filter could be replaced with .* or something before being regexed?

nerobot
    Participant

Does anyone else experience the IDE throttling CPU? Right now it’s at 98% CPU on my MacBook Air early-2014, and it regularly idles around 15% CPU on my desktop Windows 10.

I hope with v1.1.08 compiler things will became better.

Could it read my .gitignore file instead, because it already selects almost the same files?

Maybe in a future, when regex will be a core part of monkey2.

Behavior is kinda random… sometimes the filter is not applied until I switch away from ted2Go, then back. Sometimes the filter is applied when alt+tab switching, but all files under subfolders disappear.

Just collapse then expand root project node should adjust filtering.

Another problem to be fixed here – I’m using App.Idle to process tree, but it works only when there are sdl events, else it’s waiting for any event and then call Idle().

I’m also confused with the explanation for the use of *. You say that *filter checks for text that starts with filter, but your example project.json file has the string *.products, which doesn’t seem to work. Shouldn’t it be .products* if you want to check for strings that end with .products?

You are right, thanks!

Think you’ve got startswith/endswith mixed up wrt: the ‘*’ filter.

Probably yes. Will fix.

Also, just added a tiny regex module called tinyregex to develop branch if that’s useful.

Nice!

Regex’s aren’t quite like yer standard file filters though, think I prefer plain file filters. Maybe * in filter could be replaced with .* or something before being regexed?

Don’t know yet. 🙂

Ethernaut
    Participant

Tried collapsing the root and expanding it. Works fine with this:

"exclude":["*.buildv*","*products*"]

But does not like when I add files that start with dots, like this:

"exclude":["*.buildv*","*products*",".git"]

This initially works after I alt+tab, but if i collapse the root and expand again, all filters are ignored. I can alt+tab again and the filters are reapplied, but now all files in subfolders disappear. 🙁

Also tried with other macOS and Linux hidden files, like “.DS_Store”, and ran into the same problems.

Thanks!

<edit>

This works. I just can’t use the dot in the beginning of the filename…

"exclude":["*.buildv*","*products*","*DS*"]

But somehow this doesn’t work, and causes the same problems as before…

"exclude":["*.buildv*","*products*","*DS*","*git*"]

nerobot
    Participant

Yay! I rewrite Project tree while fixing files filtering logic. Now it should work properly.

What’s new in dev branch:

• Project (Explorer) tree:
      • Added – storing/restoring of expanded items, and selected item – you will see tree state on start app the same as when closed it;
      • Fixed – expanding behaviour for double-clicks (also have-no-icons bug fixed);
      • Fixed – files filtering – read more here;
      • Added – option “Project tree single-click mode” into ‘Prefs — Common’ (False by default).
    • Fixed – crash using backspace at the end of file;
    • Fixed – IntelliSense + Zoom out #2;
    • Improved – correct “Find results” when remove / add lines in document;
    • Fixed – broken Ins/Ovr shitching by Ins key;
    • Fixed – capitalizing when press space / tab;
    • Improved – Source tree expanding state (was collapsed after parsing);
    • Improved – jump to find result – made centered line with result;
    • Added – Simple_Mojo3d_app template into ‘File — Templates’ (it’s bloom test file).

It’s still v2.7. Please, test it. 🙂

If all is OK I want to merge it into master.

sLiveR
    Participant

Hi,

is it possible to add “Codefollowing”?
    For example:

I have a Function DoSomething(text:String, posX:Int, posY:Int)

I write in the Editor DoSomething(“Hello”
    Then it Show me the IntelliSense like This: DoSomething(text:String, posX:Int, posY:Int)

DoSomething(“Hello”,10   looks like this: DoSomething(text:String, posX:Int, posY:Int)

Hope you get the point ^^

Greetings from Germany!

PS.: Really good work!

nerobot
    Participant

Greetings from Russia. 😉

I like that too. Maybe can add soon.

(I already done with that in jentos.code – IDE for monkey-x.)

sLiveR
    Participant

Nice! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 481 through 490 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.