Ted2Go IDE

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Projects Ted2Go IDE

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 593 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  cocon 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 586 through 594 (of 594 total)
  • Author

nerobot
    Participant

I improve ted2go from time t time.

Latest monkey2 version has version with local members in completion list – big improvement.

But there also were some serious bugs related to new stuff.

And good news – I fixed few of them today and push into devย branch.

• better parsing – it parse main files of current changed docs
    • better completion – it also looking at main file of current doc to grab their imports

Need testing.

And show more/less stuff should works fine now. ๐Ÿ™‚

TomToad
    Participant

Fullscreen Editor is not really full screen. It is letterboxed to a 4×3 ratio and is even smaller than a non fullscreen editor. On my laptop monitor, with fullscreen window and my current font size and layout, I get 116 columns. In fullscreen editor mode, I get only 96. If I do fullscreen Window mode, and turn off all the dock views, I get 142 columns, an extra 46 columns. Problem with that solution is 1) I still get the icons and menu at top, so the vertical space is shorter, and 2) It is much easier to switch from Fullscreen editor and back with Shift-F11, instead of doing Alt-1-2-3-4-5-6-7 to switch back and forth.

What would be a nice feature is to allow any dock to become fullscreen. At times I will try and read the documentation and have to drag the window up into the editor to see more at a time. Would be handy to switch between views with a single key combination.

cocon
    Participant

@nerobot

Here’s an improved way to handle commenting behavior. Looks like is the same as Sublime.

Everything is based only on toggling behavior, however the only last case is where Ctrl+Shift+’ is used which is forced uncomment.

nerobot
    Participant

Fullscreen Editor is not really full screen. It is letterboxed to a 4ร—3 ratio and is even smaller than a non fullscreen editor.

fullscreen editor is 70% of desktop width, to be centered. are you really need very long code lines?

Problem with that solution is 1) I still get the icons and menu at top, so the vertical space is shorter,

what version of ide do you use? there is no icons and menu at top in latest version

and 2) It is much easier to switch from Fullscreen editor and back with Shift-F11, instead of doing Alt-1-2-3-4-5-6-7 to switch back and forth.

you can back from fullscreen editor by pressing Esc key ๐Ÿ˜‰ (or press Shift+F11 again)

What would be a nice feature is to allow any dock to become fullscreen. At times I will try and read the documentation and have to drag the window up into the editor to see more at a time. Would be handy to switch between views with a single key combination.

I agree. ๐Ÿ™‚ But have no time to do that, sorry.

nerobot
    Participant

Hereโ€™s an improved way to handle commenting behavior. Looks like is the same as Sublime.

Everything is based only on toggling behavior, however the only last case is where Ctrl+Shift+โ€™ is used which is forced uncomment.

I see no difference with current ted2go behaviour – there are also ctrl+’ to comment and shift+ctrl+’ to uncomment. ๐Ÿ™‚

And if you have selection you can just press 'ย to comment seleted lines (I’m not fully glad with that but nobody complain).

DruggedBunny
    Participant

I actually like and use to comment blocks of code, it’s great!

cocon
    Participant

I did not know about single quote toggling lines, even by reading the source I did not notice that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Some considerations about improvements.

Option 1: Add menu item Edit>Comment>…
    Option 2: Perhaps you would do Ctrl+SingleQuote=Toggle, Ctrl+Alt+SingleQuote=Append, Ctrl+Shift+SingleQuote=Reduce

nerobot
    Participant

Option1 – is already here – screenshot.

Option2 – no, let’s use existing stuff, ctrl+alt seems like overhead for me, sorry.

Attachments:

cocon
    Participant

I needed these shortcuts…

I first started creating some DebugActions but soon turned out to become a full fledged refactor. I changed my mind and just added these shortcuts right where the actions are declared.

That help dialog box placed there is only for documentation purposes (to not forget about the shortcuts).

Viewing 9 posts - 586 through 594 (of 594 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.