Terrain tiling shows borders

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Programming Help Terrain tiling shows borders

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pakz 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pakz
    Participant

I had the idea to use terrains to tile with but somehow I got the effect that around each terrain there is a lighter border. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I was thinking if I would have prefab terrains it would make scrolling and larger worlds easier.

Attachments:

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

It looks like discontinuities at the edges of each terrain, perhaps the normals are being incorrectly generated here – will take a look at it.

But even if there is something up here, there will always be discontinuities at the edges I think (except in cases like this where terrains are totally flat) as the vertex normals wont be correctly generated at the edges as they aren’t actually connected to neighboring edge.

This is actually pretty close to how the original terrain that was in there last year worked though (except each tile was just an index buffer and they all shared the same mega vertex buffer) and I think I may resurrect it so hold tight and this may be built in soon!

Pakz
    Participant

Ok. I was just experimenting. I might just as wel just create tile meshes if terrains have those discontinues.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.