Forum Replies Created
Yeah, pretty sure Option is Alt
(dang, the upload limit is small)
Our product uses <year>.<day-of-year>.<build-that-day> for version/build numbers – so the first build done today would be 2017.222.1, next build today would be 2017.222.2 – that works well for us for identifying individual builds for testing etc – but not ever build gets released and for public releases we still use Product 4.3, Product 4.4, Product 5.0 etc so that the marketing department has an annual release to rally around.
But I have to say that these days I’m a big fan of “just put the number up by one each time you put out a release” approach used by Chrome (though I know they don’t quite stick to that for small bug fixes).
It would make it tricky (impossible?) for a marketing department to delineate “here’s this years big release that customers need to pay for” (which is why we don’t use it for our product), but if you have a free, continually evolving product then as a user I like that simplicity.
Edit: But ultimately I don’t mind – version it how you want 🙂
Thanks Mark – works fine now – my ingrained habits can continue 😀
- I checked the repo before posting and it didn’t look like anything had changed in the last few weeks. I’ll give it a try in the morning though.
- Yeah, but it shouldn’t fail if you do 🙂
I’ve emailed you the project.
1.1.03 isn’t much different, still ~40 seconds, maybe a second or two quicker.
I’m currently using 1.1.02 – will try 1.1.03 later today.
With Monkey 1 I found the MSVC compiler to be much faster than MinGW – it cut my compile times from around 3 minutes to under 30 seconds – so that would be a welcome addition.
But I’m not complaining as such about the Monkey 2 compile times – I’m well aware that C++ compilation is slow – just thought that the OP should be aware that sub-second compiles aren’t going to happen with sizeable M2 projects 🙂
I’m finding Monkey 2 is quite slow to build to the Desktop target (I can’t build to Emscripten as I use Fibers in a few places).
My project is currently ~9000 lines of code (~13800 lines total, including blank lines and comments) and a first build takes around 80 seconds, with subsequent builds taking around 40 seconds on an i7-4800MQ with 32GB ram on 64-bit Windows 7.
That was quick!
Got that working now – thanks 🙂
Hehe – don’t need generics (yet) 🙂
I’m tying to simplify my unit test framework by dynamically finding test methods (rather than having to add them to a list). I did this in Monkey 1 by looking for classes that implement an ITestable interface, then looking in those classes for parameterless methods that start or end with “Test”. Was trying to replicate this now that M2 has reflection, but stumbling on the interface check.
Got it working for now by just skipping that check 🙂
Yep – downloaded around 3 hours ago.
Before that I was having that same problem with returning interfaces – it now all builds okay, but I can’t see a way of asking “does this type implement this interface?”
I’m changing my code to use tinyxml, but if I declare List<XMLNode> or Stack<XMLNode> I get:Monkey123456C:/Documents/Development Projects/Monkey 2/Dungeon/dungeon.buildv1.0.6/windows_debug/include/dungeon_std_collections_2container.h:18:8: error: 't_std_collections_IContainer_1Ttinyxml2' has not been declaredstruct t_std_collections_IContainer_1Ttinyxml2::XMLNode_2;^
Yep – working now 🙂
I’ll try get my linq module tarted up an uploaded in the next few days.
One question: should extension Functions work? (they worked before I made this a module).
Ted2 doesn’t build 🙁
Clean download of latest source, copy in “i686-5.3.0-posix-dwarf-rt_v4-rev0” and run rebuildall.batMonkey12345678910111213141516***** Rebuilding ted2 *****mx2cc version 1.0.6***** Building app 'C:/Documents/Programs/Monkey2/monkey2-master/src/ted2/ted2.monkey2' *****Parsing...Semanting...Caught signal:Memory access violationFile not found - assets0 File(s) copiedFile not found - *.dll0 File(s) copiedFile not found - *.exe0 File(s) copiedmx2cc version 1.0.6
Edit: Also did updatemx2cc.bat and then rebuildall.bat and get same error.
Example linq program:Monkey123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627Namespace linqtest#Import "<std>"#Import "<linq>"Using std..Using linqFunction Main:Void()Local list := New List<String>()If not list.Any()list.Add("ABC")list.Add("DEF")list.Add("GHI")Local x := list.First2(Lambda:Bool(item:String)return item = "DEF"End)Print(x)EndEnd
Currently this only works in v1.0.5 if I put the following in the module’s linq.monkey2 file (which forces it to include some of the linq code, but not all of it), otherwise the linq code is all optimized out.Monkey1234Function Main:Void()Local list := New List<String>()list.Any()End