Arjailer

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: XML module #4009

    Arjailer
    Participant

    Also, the following no longer works in the latest build either:

    Get error: Can’t find overload for ‘TestGenericMethod<int>(…)’ with argument types ()

    Again, this used to work in v1.0.5, and works in 1.0.6 if I remove the Where clause

    in reply to: XML module #4006

    Arjailer
    Participant

    Extension methods fail to build at all with the latest code, whether as a module or not.

    Lots of “Blah:T?(T?) must be a generic class type” errors.

    The code built fine in v1.0.5

    Have attached if you want to have a look.

    Attachments:
    1. linq.zip
    in reply to: XML module #3994

    Arjailer
    Participant

    Actually, it looks like I’m not on the latest version. I’ll update later and give it a try.

    in reply to: XML module #3977

    Arjailer
    Participant

    Hmmm … do extension methods not work in modules?

    The module builds but I’m getting pretty much empty .cpp source files in my windows_debug folder and if I try to use any of the extension methods I get “undefined reference” errors.

    It all works fine when built as an app where the .cpp source files contain everything I’d expect to see.

    If I build the app without actually referencing or using any of the extension methods I get the same empty .cpp source files as I’m seeing in the module. This makes sense for building an app ‘cos it’s only building what it needs to, but I wouldn’t have thought a module would do that?

    Am I missing something about building modules?

    in reply to: XML module #3973

    Arjailer
    Participant

    I do have Linq-like extension methods for List<T> and Stack<T> that I would like to upload to the module manager. Might work on that a bit today.

    in reply to: XML module #3971

    Arjailer
    Participant

    Here’s the xml parser.

    I might upload it as a module later, but between adding a demo app and adding documentation it’s actually a fair amount of work.

    Edit: Especially as it’s not originally my code so documenting it might be “fun”  🙂

    Attachments:
    1. skn3xml.zip
    in reply to: XML module #3965

    Arjailer
    Participant

    I converted skn3’s Monkey X xml module to Monkey 2. It’s pure Monkey 2 code with no dependencies. I don’t have it on this PC, but I could post it later if you’re interested.

    TinyXML looks good though  🙂

    in reply to: Extension methods #3918

    Arjailer
    Participant

    I haven’t been able to track the MAV down yet, but it appears that I can mitigate it by changing the #Include order.

    If I #Include the extension classes at the very end, after all other classes, then they work.

    If I #Include them earlier (e.g. I originally had them in alphabetical order) then I get the MAV.

    But it’s not as simple as just order, as I can also fix the MAV by commenting out some of my other includes, so it’s some combination of my code and #Include order … will keep looking.

    in reply to: Extension methods #3739

    Arjailer
    Participant

    I’ll try – so far my extension-only project is working fine and my large project gives the MAV on the simplest extension, but I’m not sure what it is about it that causes it.

     

    Related question – any chance of allowing extension overload methods? E.g. an alternative List<T>.Count() method with parameters? At present it compiles the overloaded method but gives “can’t find overload for ‘Count(…)’ with argument types (bool(string))” when you try to call it.

    in reply to: Extension methods #3735

    Arjailer
    Participant

    Hmm … works in a little project of it’s own, but not in the middle of my game project  🙁

    in reply to: Error building v1.05 (and v1.04) on Windows 7 #3698

    Arjailer
    Participant

    Works fine for me for both 1.03 and 1.05 – haven’t specifically tried 1.04 but sounds like it should be fine.

    I’ve just been moving the one copy of devtools\i686-5.3.0-posix-dwarf-rt_v4-rev0 around as I download new builds.

    in reply to: ToString() method by default #3696

    Arjailer
    Participant

    Bool worked that way in v1.03

    I’ve just switched from 1.03 to 1.05 and String(booleanValue) worked in 1.03 but has stopped working in 1.05 (and presumably 1.04)

    Cast<String>(booleanValue) isn’t working either  🙁

    in reply to: Error building v1.05 (and v1.04) on Windows 7 #3695

    Arjailer
    Participant

    Typical! I found the solution immediately after posting the problem:

    Place a copy of mingw32\bin\libwinpthread-1.dll in the same folder as cc1plus.exe

    Don’t know why this is different on Windows 7 than 10, but guess this might help someone else out in the future   🙂

    in reply to: Ted 2 light theme? #3553

    Arjailer
    Participant

    Actually, I found the file and am currently making my own.

    in reply to: FPS, Delta, FixedFPS, Timing, Animation Topic (almost done) #3466

    Arjailer
    Participant

    As far as I know:

    [fact 1] Yes
    [fact 2] Yes
    [fact 3] Yes
    [fact 4] Yes- with a clarification – App.RequestRender() seems to be telling the app to call OnRender() for the next frame (so it’s too late to stop the current frame as it’s already underway, but you could avoid calling it for subsequent frames if you wanted – e.g. if the window had lost focus). So as long as you call App.RequestRender() somewhere in the OnRender() method you’re good – I don’t think the order matters.

    Also, I confirmed the SwapInterval behaviour last night with an old 19″ 75hz monitor I have at home – just using SwapInterval = 1 and not setting an explicit resolution it’s updating 75 times a second as I suspected.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)