Banana glwindow test black output

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Programming Help Banana glwindow test black output

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  abakobo 4 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AdamStrange

Participant

Anyone know why the glwindow test have suddenly stopped working on macos?

The mojo3d works, but not the gltests �?

If anyone has any help to get these operational :))

abakobo

Participant

Since Apple has deprecated opengl with Mojave there as been a lot of troubles. I think importing latest dev sdl2 would resolve the problem (and reverting back the displaylink commit for Mac vsync). I had a try but sdl2 is configured by default to dynamic linking and there is some hack to do to get it statically linked.

abakobo

Participant

here’s the commit mark made for the blank screen on mojave. it’s a sdl2 hack. But I thought you had made your own hack for your monkey2 fork. https://github.com/blitz-research/monkey2/commit/ce3a9ebdd92aa861358210e24c94d3d8c6a5631e
    Maybe your problem has nothing to do with this blank screen issue on mojave, I haven’t tested the banana, just guessing here.

AdamStrange

Participant

That’s very helpful information

I’ll do a quick hack and report back…

AdamStrange

Participant

Nope, not operational ?

Mojo3d works, so there must be something to do with the GLWindow and the GL stuff that’s not correct anymore

abakobo

Participant

I had a small look and GLWindow extends Window and only has a few addition to Window. And Window works (there is this vsync issue with previous systems). So it’s looks doable. May be posting an issue on github could be interresting if you really need it working.
    There is this vsync issue with different Mac systems for now and I’d love to see it solved as well as those gl issue. But Apple is not helping here..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)