This is a list of features currently under develop or in consideration for monkey2. Please note this list is subject to change.
- Bitmap font support (any requests for file formats?)
- Scene serialization, mojo3d only to start with, try to generalize for anything a bit later.
- Cleaned up pbr shader system.
- Terrain materials.
- More precise transparent material sorting.
- View culling.
- Bake scene.
- Merge some of nerobot’s enhancements from ted2go, eg: menus, tooltips etc.
- ‘Property view’ system for reflection based editing of objects.
- ‘Property changed’ style system for use with property views.
- Simple event queue system for console apps so they can use fibers too.
- Log files and better error handling.
- Profile config that just does function level debug info.
- Big compiler cleanup, starting with at least translator.
- Fix unreliable global initialization order.
- Varargs system, probably Variant based.
- Return type based overloading.
- Threads (long term!).